Apple Pay 👀

What happens if you return an item for a refund having purchased using Apple (or Android) pay? Must you present that again, or are you able to present your actual card?

(I thought I read somewhere that the actual card numbers are different, but hidden?) Can anyone explain?

I think this is how you’re have to do it. Obviously the card number is autogenerated but the network (Visa/MasterCard) knows which virtual numbers your card has had so can match up contactless transactions for refund.

1 Like

When I started using Android Pay I needed a partial refund for a Maplin purchase as they hadn’t taken account of a offer that needs to be done manually.
I simply presented the Android Pay phone again and the refund went through a few days later. It didn’t show up on my Android Pay transaction list.

Also Android Pay lists the last few digits of the virtual card number.

2 Likes

I use ApplePay a few times a week. It’s nice to be able to go for a run and not need to bring my card along, and just pop into the supermarket on my way home. It’s also awesome when I’m buying something from a website or using an app which supports ApplePay at checkout. Certainly if Monzo are to be a serious contender in terms of being my primary current account, ApplePay is table stakes.

2 Likes

a lot of you guys seem to run :running_man:

now I know you’re nuts :joy:

3 Likes

Yep. Until this functionality is launched Monzo could not be my main current account. Great it’s coming at some point!

3 Likes

maybe even tomorrow

(pure speculation)

2 Likes

I have the Apple Watch and it’s handy on that. Especially if you don’t carry your wallet with you all the time

1 Like

It’s because Apple has an NDA, so it’s more they Can’t talk

2 Likes

i know :slight_smile: I was quoting

1 Like

At the first current account event, Tom heavily hinted it was coming soon but due to NDAs couldn’t say more. If they weren’t working on it, there wouldn’t be an NDA so lets hope it’ll come soon. I’m sure it won’t be too long! If Starling managed to get through whatever processes are involved, Monzo will be able to too :v:t3:

2 Likes

The latest Apple Pay discussion and speculation is here: