Apple Music Vs. Amazon Music

This :100:

I’m exactly the same, and I kinda feel I don’t wanna listen to stuff I already know. Sometimes I do, yeah, but 9 times out of 10 I want to hear something new (to me) and can always skip it on if I don’t like it.

Spotify sure seems to be much more superior still, and I am with you cause I really wanted Apple Music to be the one cause it is so well implemented, but Spotify for me is just better, and can also be used in more places than Apple Music.

1 Like

I used the 3 month trial on Apple Music and decided to swap all old crappy tracks with nice new ones but now trial has ended I can’t play them (obvs) so now I have to either get them from YouTube again or pony up £9.99pm. I’d be happy to do that as I thought it was a decent service and well I am all in on Apple BUT the only annoying thing is that you can only use it one one device at a time!

Deal breaker maybe so… anyways never bothered with Amazon Music since I made this post lol

I actually didn’t realise that, that would be very frustrating for me!

Yeah you have to have the family sub or something for it to work. I have Apple TV so listen on music on that whilst looking for new music on laptop etc.

Poor show tbh

This is the same for Spotify as well.

1 Like

Wait, what? One device??? That’s ridiculous. Google Play Music allows for up to 10 devices. I use it on Desktop, Laptop, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 6S, Nexus Player (Android TV), iPad, LG Watch Style (you can sync a playlist and listen via bluetooth headphones), Google Home, Google Home Mini (not sure if the Homes count towards the limit)…

All that at the same time for playing different music? :thinking:

1 Like

I think everyone is getting confused between device limit and playback limit.

Google Play
Simultaneous playback = 1
Device limit = 10
https://support.google.com/googleplaymusic/answer/3139562?hl=en

Spotify
Device limit = unlimited

Apple Music
Device Limit = 6 or 10, I can’t get concrete support page and now bored of google!

4 Likes

That makes a lot more sense!

Well, as for me, I love Apple Music, though there are a lot of difference in between Apple Music and Amazon Music. Why I choose Apple Music? Coz I use iPhone and I can download the music for offline listening to my old Samsung smart phone for offline listening via Apple Music Converter.

Danny, I thought I could count on you better than this.

Spotify.

With the exception that HomePods don’t count towards either of those limits. :slight_smile:

I had itunes match, apple music, amazon gutted (i.e the free stuff on prime) but I still come back to spotify. Its algorithms for finding music i might like based on my tastes are great. And it even separates the suggestions out based on my very eclectic listening habits. So I get a chill playlist, an oldies playlist, a ghetto playlist etc.

I can also share with 5 other people.

I found apple music was much more about pushing what they like than what I like. And the app interface drove me nuts, mixing up streamed music with my own in a ver confusing way.

1 Like

Did you write it? :smiling_imp:

I think they did as i have seen that same comment on other forums

I started off on Spotify. I drive all day so ten quid a month is literally the best money I spend. I then changed to Deezer as I fancied a change and it has radio stations (proper ones) built in. Having purchased a Google Home and now a JBL Link 10 I was waiting until ‘the end of the year’ for Deezer to be integrated into Google. That still hasn’t happened, in fact their ‘we can’t say when but it’s definitely happening at some point’ is almost identical to the Apple Pay thing on here, so I cancelled that and have now gone to Google Play Music. Transferring playlists is a bit of a ballache but I don’t mind doing it manually.

1 Like

I started off on Rdio and I absolutely loved it. It was the best £5 a month I was spending as it was such an underrated competitor to Spotify. I would’ve been ok with paying double.

After they got bought out by Pandora, which isn’t available in the UK, I had to switch to Spotify. I’ve been switching between Spotify and Apple Music ever since :weary:

I am slightly annoyed.

I was grandfathered in to the £7.99/month Google Play Music subscription as an early adopter. I just cancelled the YouTube Red trial I had when I was in the States over Dec/Jan only to find out that it took over from my previous subscription, and now if I re-sign up to Google Play Music it’ll be £9.99/month.

Ugh.

Luckily, I can reactivate my YouTube Red subscription when I’m next in the USA next month and the conversion rate for YouTube Red will work out at about £8.xx

Rdio UX was the best I’ve ever seen. I would pay good money to get that back.

1 Like

No Spotify?