App Evolution (new look Monzo app): Feedback Megathread šŸ“£

Kinda. Where it says ā€œOther accountsā€ change it to ā€œsavingsā€ and have all savings accounts in there. Then duplicate the whole widget for credit cards etc etc.

The ā€œI wouldnā€™t want thisā€ curse strikes again :laughing:

I really dont want to be scrolling through lists by different account types.

Show me transactions on my card, and other accounts in a list where I can click into to see what transactions have occurred there.

Right now, were I to have bills in Monzo, Iā€™d have a full weekend of upcoming transactions that remain static on the feed hiding the things Iā€™ve actually bought in the meantime.

2 Likes

It would be far too many separate areas of the home page.

In form of a Chase style design I could probably be on board.

Current accounts & Credit cards

Savings & Investments type.

But yeah, a homepage of endless scrolling is nope.

1 Like

So the problem Iā€™m trying to solve here is wanting to see the sum total of my savings, my credit card debt etc all in one place. At the moment, the list is just that - Iā€™m looking for a bit more intelligence to it. If that can be done without scrolling (collapsable sections?) then all the better.

The most minor piece of feedback: justification of the FSCS is a bit off on wider screens:

This is an (unfolded) Fold.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I havenā€™t had chance to read through all of the messages in this thread so I apologise in advance but Iā€™ve activated the new home view and Iā€™m excited but also wanted to add my feedback to the mix. Mainly Iā€™m desperate to have all of my accounts as cards at the top, not just monzo accounts. The reason I pay for monzo every month is for it to be my one financial hub but separating monzo accounts from other bank accounts doesnā€™t do this job nicely for me.

Iā€™d also love to be able to select what shows up in the latest activity, and maybe make it even more than 3 transactions as a customisation choice?

The edit button is there, so hopefully that will let us hide sections. As other people have said thereā€™s a lot of clutter in the second half which is just trying to sell me products I donā€™t want. My mortgage is now below a tab trying to get me to take out a loan, feedback and virtual cards. Also things like, do I need a permanent button on my homepage asking if I want to add another mortgage, no? Same with add new accounts, thatā€™s visual real estate that Iā€™m happy to go into the settings to add a new account, if I ever get another account.

Will try to keep an eye on this thread so I can keep up to date and be involved better with the discussions rather than possibly just repeating feedback!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found a bug. When pressing the ellipsis on personal account card and then the Manage Account button from the menu, it shows my Joint account details - account number etc - instead.

Thatā€™s a strange one. Iā€™ve tried reproducing that but it works as expected - the correct account details are shown for the account from which the ellipsis was selected (Android)

Ahh iOS here.

Ive just checked and can confirm the same, shows me statements and fees for joint account.

Clicking on the dots on the joint account still only shows joint account, so I assume the primary account is just linked wrong somehow. Iā€™m also iOS

1 Like

Yet another bug :bug: :smile:

3 Likes

When will the new pot artworks reach the app so we think? :smiling_face:

1 Like

I think theyā€™ll do it just after they work out how to turn off all the remaining staff features from Carloā€™s account :eyes: :joy:

5 Likes

Okay, some genuine App Evolution feedback:

Folk round here hate the upcoming payments clogging up the limited home screen feed. I get that. Iā€™ve said before, though that Iā€™d like a separate widget to show upcoming payments. But the thing Iā€™m missing (and this is a live issue for me now as Iā€™ve just used Get Paid Early :joy:) is somewhere that tells me what my balance will be tomorrow after all the bills and pots transfers that are stacked up happen.

Iā€™d love a little widget on the home screen that says something like ā€œTomorrow: [number of] payments and [number of] pot transfers for a total of Ā£123, leaving you with a balance of Ā£322ā€ or something similar. Then if you tap into it you get the feed filtered for future transactions.

6 Likes

Isnā€™t that what pots are for?

Iā€™m not sure I follow. Iā€™ve just been paid and I have a set of transfers scheduled to go from my main account to pots overnight. Iā€™m wondering what my balance will be after that happens (and after the odd bill has come out, too).

(Sorry if Iā€™m being slow).

1 Like

Oh to pots, I was thinking you could do it from pots, then if youā€™d put it in pots youā€™d have whatā€™s left, left.

Would this style widget come and go from the feed IE just before every payday, once it can see the inbound credit?

Would use up a good chunk of space the other ~28 days.

1 Like

Who could tell?

I do appreciate seeing upcoming payments, but I donā€™t really want them in the recent transactions section on the home screen.

5 Likes

Aye certainly with the Evolution setup.

1 Like