App Evolution (new look Monzo app): Feedback Megathread 📣

I want this

1 Like

I don’t like the new Home Screen layout - it seems very cluttered, lots of txt.

I actually really like the current version - why change it.

The only thing I kinda like is the top section where I can see my Personal and Joint account stacked.

With the rest of it, we’ll it just looks messy and not sure what Monzo are trying to achieve.

Maybe allow customers to personalise there own Home page, create App style short cuts to things like Transfers, Payments.

The bottom options Trends - don’t use, Premium never use.

Just keep it simple if not broke don’t fix it, but allow customer to customise there Home Screen options and what they can view.

5 Likes

The one thing that I’ve noticed since activating this is there is a really noticeable delay in confirming payments in the app. It can take several refreshes or even closing the app to get the notification to show in the app.

Yes this is the main issue I have with it. I find it difficult to focus on what I’m actually supposed to be looking at.

I’m hoping that customisation to an extent comes, show me what I’ve got and what’s in my pots and connected accounts.

That’s all I would personally want to see.

1 Like

The pending stuff takes some space :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

This is my least favourite part of the Home Screen. Seems like a waste of space tbh, imagine having your target graph or even offers/pot/connected account lists there instead.

4 Likes

My least favourite is the horizontal pots section.

The horizontal cards/accounts/pots in the old view was the worst part of that redesign too.

It just makes it more difficult to see and compare balances.

3 Likes

I see that a search icon has made it to the top-right in Overview in the last few days :eyes: :mag_right:

I’m really hoping that this searches the (current un-) unified feed. :crossed_fingers:

Can anyone on iOS share whether it’s on that platform, too? And, if so, whether it has all the advanced search options that the standard iOS search does?

No new search icon on iOS

1 Like

This is what it looks like in Android:

2 Likes

Not on iOS.

Yes, you said. I thought I’d share what I see on Android.

It is my favourite part and I would want more of it

Good luck :monzo: in finding your way through this haha!

3 Likes

Oh you gotta have recent transactions there! I just want upcoming ones to have a separate widget :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I liked it at first but you lose that option of seeing your pots in a list. Equally, I disliked the swiping to the sides of cards. I always used this list of accounts.

Also, I feel like the pushing of plus is even more in your face in the new update and I’m having screen space being taken up by features that are paywalled.

I have moved my personal spending back to starling to see how that goes. I hope they bottom out the new design and give at some point move the plus stuff more out of sight… or at the very least let me hide it.

So I sort of do. But perhaps just 2 and only the actual transactions. If I have a load of bills coming out they should in my opinion be in a separate area such as upcoming. Show me the things I’ve actually spent on my card.

EDIT: Basically what @Peter_G says. I didn’t read it properly the first time.

2 Likes

Is it only searching your personal Monzo atm?

1 Like

Yep. But the mega feed is only my Monzo current account right now.

(A week or two ago it seemed to have Flex transactions in it, but they quickly vanished).

2 Likes

Apologies if I’ve said this before, but it’s worth repeating:

I’d love the “Other Accounts” section split by type of account. Current accounts, savings, credit cards all shown grouped together, but separately.

3 Likes

Do you mean;

Current
Current
Savings
Savings
Credit Card
Credit Card
Credit Card

etc?

1 Like