Anyone had issues like this with a high street bank?

As much of a pain as these things can be, I think I’d sooner the banks act in the way they do than just let money flow in and out Willy Nilly.

3 Likes

I’m assuming they’re talking about the film

1 Like

thank you. I’m just panicky over the situation as it was pretty much my whole balance but since that’s frozen I’ve only got my the bit in my monzo so I’ll probably ask the people to print out a statement for me which will show a withdrawal on the same day from same surname and matching the account I originally transferred too and see if that helps speed up the process

1 Like

Not Split in Croatia? Well I never!

While I’m replying…

Are you Revels and Becky as well as Sasha?

1 Like

You’ll never know :wink: after all revels are my favourite chocolates :chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

Kinky.

Please can you leave my chocolate balls out of this.

1 Like

1 Like

None of what you described sounds like you were victimised.

You were taken to one side and you had a discussion in private about their concerns. If it’s all legitimate it will take you 2 seconds to satisfy their requirements and you’ll be on your way. As others have said its perfectly normal given the situation.

1 Like

It seems perfectly reasoable to question it to me. Most people would just do a bank transfer instead of having all the risk and hassle of dealing with cash.

Seems odd to me that they’d give you it in cash, did they have a reason for that?

The only people with that much cash on hand are very successful tradesman or drug dealers.

If it’s the former they’d just transfer it via a bank transfer

1 Like

Not exactly true.
I won’t go into great details, but suffice to say because of past circumstances my partner has access to nearly £20,000 in ready cash, and I promise you she is neither a tradesperson or a drug dealer :joy:

3 Likes

That’s fair, I’m making assumptions due to watching all those police programs on TV

I’m sure there are several legit reasons to have such a large amount “under your matress”

3 Likes

I’ll admit, I don’t like the idea of her having such a large amount of cash lying around (although it is kept very secure) but past events mean that there’s no way I can convince her otherwise.

2 Likes

As others have said, it sounds like nothing more than a bank doing it’s due diligence on the money being deposited. They don’t have a choice about that, as far as I understand things, it simply has to be done.

We once lost a house sale because our purchaser’s answer to “Where did the funds come from?” didn’t come with enough proof. (The answer was, apparently, “Iran”.)

5 Likes

Theirs quite a lot of people who are old fashioned and don’t trust banks so I assume this is pretty common.

1 Like

I once took £8k of savings out of my account to buy something. The deal fell through so I went to put it back into the same account. I was still questioned on it’s source :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Your dealer got busted on his way to meet you?

3 Likes

Did they not questioned you more about trying to withdraw it rather than putting it in though? Especially with all these scams?

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: