Annoying upgrade tab added

Seems to be! Also seems to be more effective than a forum thread as well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Dark Theme toggle :scream:

If other banks behaved like Monzo, I could raise a steady income of Ā£20 ā€œWeā€™re sorryā€ payments from the amount of advertising RBS & Nationwide cram into their apps.

4 Likes

I really donā€™t think Nationwide has a lot of advertising. All there is are links to their other available products at the bottom of the home page. They are never in your face and blend in very well with the rest of the app

I couldnā€™t disagree more. Over 50% of the app home page is adverts, and thatā€™s without counting the ā€œProducts you might likeā€ section, which is the nearest equivalent to Monzoā€™s Upgrade tab.

3 Likes

To bring the topic back to Monzo, I wonder how they decide who gets the tab and who doesnā€™t? I still donā€™t have it. Also, does the card corner still exist?

1 Like

Interestingly, the Upgrade tab has disappeared sometime this afternoon. Donā€™t know why or how, or whether itā€™s just gone for me and still there for others, but itā€™s gone for me for the moment (and Iā€™ve acknowledged this in the in-app chat).

Edits for clarity

2 Likes

That disappeared for me after a while. I didnā€™t particularly mind that - I prefer it not to be there but I didnā€™t find it particularly intrusive. I donā€™t mind the big blue ā€œUpgrade your accountā€ pill when I pull down for the list of accounts and pots, nor the ā€œSee other accountsā€ in the vertical pots list (provided that it stays at the bottom of that list).

Iā€™m not, as someone seemed to imply, averse to Monzo advertising premium products and services - until they begin to hinder my use of the basic service. It has been interesting to see the diverse views on that in the thread - perhaps itā€™s partly an age thing, Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s an element of that.

Anyway for the moment that problem has gone away and I hope it stays gone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It disappeared for me as well!

1 Like

Someone is watching us :eyes:

:scream:

4 Likes

Yeah, a certain someone was on the thread but didnā€™t tell us exactly what the new feature was

Think Iā€™m on 0/5 in asking staff that now :grin:

3 Likes

Killjoys :frowning: Keep trying though!

1 Like

cancels Premium and CASSes to Revolut

1 Like

I donā€™t have that. Maybe because Iā€™ve already got the Start to Save account? All Iā€™ve got is the products at the bottom. Personally, I found the adverts in Monzoā€™s app stood out more and felt more like an advert than the ones that I see in my Nationwide app.

Yeah it would be pointless targeting that ad to you since you have the account they are selling but whenever they come up with something new thatā€™s one of the places you will see it.
My RBS is pretty clean of ads right now but I goes through phases and the online banking can be even worse with full road block ads.
I think a button at the bottom isnā€™t a big deal but it should have been in the 3rd slot not the second.

Hi all, the announcement weā€™ve just made in News & Updates should hopefully clear this matter up!

10 Likes

Now thatā€™s a button I can get behind. But hopefully thatā€™ll only make 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen, not 5 :wink:

Canā€™t say Iā€™m a fan of this new Plus advertā€¦

It looks more like an advert for other banks than for Monzo.

Edit: just realised it is dismissible so not that bad.

3 Likes

I thought showing joint account first made me immune from the peeking cards, but today I spotted the blue Plus card peeking out from the end of the carousel. Luckily it could be dismissed. Big plus to Monzo for that

5 Likes

Yes, dismissible is fine I think.

2 Likes