Annoying upgrade tab added

I assume this will be a test - not sure how many users will have it.

Please Monzo, get rid. I want simple navigation, not to be having to avoid hitting a pushy annoying advertising button.

8 Likes

This has been brought up before, so I’d say it’s been rolled out to more, rather than you being part of a test.

Considering a year later I still have the “Plus” one where all it does it basically redirect me to other places in the app, I’d say it’s there to stay.

Interesting that mines the other way around though. Home - Payments - Plus - Help

2 Likes

I think that’s better @Revels.

Given we read English left-to-right, further to the left is more “in your face”.

4 Likes

I still don’t have any form of Plus advertising, and I also still have the chat button. Monzo must know these changes would get me to leave for good so don’t want to push it :rofl:

4 Likes

I guess Monzo will keep it if it (net) makes money, and get rid of it doesn’t?

4 Likes

Android or iOS?

Android. Have contacted Monzo via in-app chat to ask them to remove it and this has been through two people who have both shoved it on to someone else. Don’t hold out much hope but I’ve made it plain it’s an annoyance.

3 Likes

The latest Android version 3.92.0 (and I suspect the latest iOS version) seems to have a new opt-out for Plus/Premium nudges. But I’m on Premium, so can’t realistically test.

4 Likes

That would indeed be great.

I’m on the latest version and can’t find anything like that. If that’s true, and anyone knows where it’s hiding, please let me know!

1 Like

I have 3.92.0 on android but see no such option

Same. Thanks Paul.

2 Likes

I have nothing about plus / premium in my app. I have however had to uninstall it over a biometric issue. So maybe it’ll start nagging me about it later.

2 Likes

Nothing different here yet either. Probably a server-side flag - no new choice available until it’s, erm, flagged

3 Likes

Actually doubly annoying as I’ve just realised that when I switch to my business account, it disappears. Thus “Payments” moves around depending on which account I’m in. Primary navigation should be consistent.

I know some people might think I’m being picky, but putting an upsell button right on the primary navigation bar is to my mind completely out of order.

12 Likes

Mine is too Home, payments, premium and then help

2 Likes

I had it a while ago, it disappeared after a couple of months.

3 Likes

It’s incredibly annoying. I don’t use my solo account, only joint and plus is not an option, so this consistent tab is frustrating

3 Likes

Latest to report is that it’s been passed through three people in in-app chat who are not qualified to help, the last one on Friday morning. The conversation has now been closed and I’ve had a survey link asking “How did we do?”. I’ve told them exactly how they’ve done so far and asked for the conversation to be reopened.

8 Likes

The tab doesn’t bother me personally. It’s certainly better than the card in the carousel in my view.

Maybe it’s still more obtrusive than it needs to be, but if it’s going to be obtrusive, may as well obtrude where the plus tab would be. I don’t like that the tab is called upgrade though. That bothers me.

Does the blue upgrade bar still show for plus users prompting them to get premium? Because that would really bother me if I’ve already paid to upgrade once. I wonder if these things show up for users who aren’t eligible.

2 Likes

Yeah. Had to look because I don’t even notice it now

1 Like