Announcing Our £22m Investment Round and Crowdfunding!

I believe that there was an earlier allegation that you could initially invest more than the limit but Monzo were looking into getting that fixed PDQ.

You were never able to invest more than £1000 with a single investment :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m guessing that this is what @RichardR / @bob were referring to -

https://community.monzo.com/t/announcing-our-22m-investment-round-and-crowdfunding/7618/151?u=alexs

https://community.monzo.com/t/announcing-our-22m-investment-round-and-crowdfunding/7618/152?u=alexs

2 Likes

Here’s hoping for a last minute reprieve!!

Though I guess numbers wise its probably only 1 in 5 that will get the chance?

Guessing I’ve missed out this time round, why won’t you just take my money! Haha :joy::moneybag::pound::euro::yen::dollar::money_with_wings:

Just an idea but if / when there is another crowdfunding opportunity, how about those who missed out on this round get a priority invite to invest on the next one?

A little over 500k left and well over 30k people waiting to invest. The odds are pretty low. Average investment is around £360, that’s around 1400 lucky emails left to find. Odds around 20/1 off the top of my head.

1 Like

@BobT I wish it was 500k, but it’s 42k left, I’m afraid. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I was about to edit when you replied. I’d just woken up when I posted :slight_smile:

£40k left, that’s odds of over 100/1 now :cry:

1 Like

oh well - that’s lottery’s for you - can’t every expect a win

1 Like

Emails going out around 4pm today?

I think they’ve gone out at 3 based off past posts on here.

Didn’t get one whatever time they went out
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

After reading this I am very concerned about peoples reactions to a prospective analysis of the funding round. I think drawing a line under this is the best way forward. Infact the whole idea makes me feel slightly uncomfortable?

I think we have really forgotten about the reasons we should all be here. Surely we all want to take part in building a user friendly forward thinking bank? Its about mutual respect and I think somewhere here people got lost in investing. Just because you dont own shares doesnt mean you cant take an active part in Monzos development.

Its unfortunate that people were left out, but it was a lottery…And I believe Monzo and Crowdcube alike have learnt lessons from this. If you think back to the last funding stage… There was only 96 seconds to invest! Surely this time is already a great improvement in regards to people having a chance to invest?

6 Likes

Yes, a better chance (45% more I’d guess). Transparency: not an investor (pledged), just a loudmouth :wink:

Shares jumped before from £0.51 to £1 (but do not invest based on history!). As an investor, you are now most likely to have rights to future investments. There may be future perks (I’m glad they limited the perks so far to mostly decorative and believe this will continue to be the case, but some people do want preferred treatment).

Asking people to not be reactive is like… not farming bitcoin before the price blew up. You don’t know if it will sink or not, but if it’s only £10…

Also did Crowdcube learn a lesson? Since they did not seem overly receptive to Monzo’s request for custom pledges.

In a general sense we are here to help Monzo grow but in this thread, we should analyse the investment process, as it is something Monzo did. Investors are biased one way (cough winner winner chicken dinner), losers are biased the other. That’s natural, not to be too concerned about, unless things go crazy. Information makes things clearer, but hey - pledging was 4 taps on a mobile screen - definitely the right way to sell a gamble.

1 Like

I believe that looking over the funding round and improving is important. Furthermore, as I mentioned ealier, I think that there has already been improvements on the previous round.

However I think releasing details of people who invested or too much information is bad… as it may spark further disagreement rather than the intended reconciliation.

It certainly would be wrong to release details of people who invested, and if done without their express consent will lead to complaints to the data regulators

Just to clarify, I mean generalised information (both before and after the campaign) - I’m sure no one’s getting the pitchforks ready, or wanting anything identifable!

Quick example: how many investors returned to re-invest?

1 Like

Now analysis like that I think would be good! Im just not sure how the over pledging could be adressed or if thats worth it? Maybe its because I was randomly selected, but i’m not sure how bad this crowd funding period was. …I was sad last year to have no chance to invest and this year was much more successful so we are moving in the right direction.

Still £18k that needs to be raised. Another email round needed?

Edit: £13k now.

1 Like

You’ve got a strong community with people who are eager to invest but aren’t lucky in the lottery.
How many people who are active in the community and pledged, got the email and didn’t follow through with their investment? I’d wager that a strong majority of the not completed pledges are from people who aren’t community members and those who don’t have a Monzo card.

2 Likes