Announcing Our £22m Investment Round and Crowdfunding!

Yes there is…the last one :pray:

1 Like

So can I just ask then, is this last batch going to be a bit of a race, and first come first servered or will everyone who gets an email be able to invest regardless?

Crossing everything today.

1 Like

Yep everyone who is included in this batch will be able to invest within the 48 hour window. It’s not first come first served :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I hope I am included in this last batch :pray: Can you reveal when the batch will be sent out today?

So is Crowdcube going to combine previous Mondo and current Monzo investments for current investors? I see both in my Portfolio right now. Same goes for the certificates the issue. Not sure if this is the best place to ask about it

1 Like

Looking at the total on crowdcube it looks like emails have gone out?

1 Like

Yes - this. Keep meaning to ask. It looks messy but more than anything I’d like clarification that it’s one investment.

1 Like

3% and £51,500 left! :moneybag: :monzo:

Has a new batch been sent out?

1 Like

I believe they’ve been sent as the percentage invested has gone up quite a bit today. @Naji is the best person to ask.

1 Like

Based on the fact that the invested amount keeps increasing, I think so.

1 Like

@doutatsu Hey! They won’t be combined as they are two separate investment rounds at 2 different valuations.

1 Like

I see. I was thinking as it’s number of shares you have in the company, that’s all that matters. But indeed not all shares are created equally.

Now that the crowdfunding is winding down, is it possible to release enough data and tools to be able to reproduce the ballot and possibly see where we might have placed? For all the talk about it at the Open Office, we currently only have a hash of one component of the seed.

In addition, there have been many accusations both here in the community and in the Developer’s Slack over users submitting multiple pledges to gain additional entries in to the ballot, being able to invest multiple times, investing above the £1,000 limit, investing significantly more than pledged, or otherwise gaming the system. I know there have been comments on this already and there are possibly more issues that I missed but in the interest of usable transparency, is it possible to address each of these accusations with data on how big of an issue it was in reality, in addition to what was done (if anything) to address the issue?

I think I’ve covered every major valid complaint. Not necessarily looking for a full post-mortem of the round at this time but I think it’s worth seriously tackling the accusations that have caused tensions to run so high across the community in the last week or two.

Feels like writing a Freedom of Information Act request. :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

If I was anywhere close to being next I will be pretty annoyed though :joy:

That is very true, it does have the potential to create more problems than it solves. Especially if you start identifying people through even just pledge numbers and email hashes.

Maybe Monzo should try and do something for the people who were nearly there? For instance, early current account access or priority on the next investment round?

To be honest, it’d be nice if Monzo tried to give something to everyone who pledged but missed out, whether it’s a queue jump if they’re not an existing user, or a Community badge, or something to help placate them a little.

1 Like

@RichardR I will be sure to come back to you on this :slightly_smiling_face:

Just as a heads up, there is one very last batch of emails to be sent out tomorrow. Anyone whose pledge was unsuccessful will receive an e-mail on Monday.

6 Likes

4 Likes

I can confirm you could not invest over the £1000 limit as a single investor. My pledge was £1k