[Android/iOS] Fingerprint app lock automatically disabled

I already have thanks.

1 Like

Is votes a new thing? :thinking:

Yeah since yesterday to help them prioritise things

Wow in owen wilson voice

So when do votes get reset etc if you dont mind me asking and is this just to vote on bugs orrrr?

Didnt see an announcement for this

** just seen above post while i was commenting… cheers :+1:

1 Like

I’m presuming it’s like Freetrade and once it’s done the topic is closed and votes returned. Not well publicised

3 Likes

I only saw the link above from someone else when it was quoted on a post yesterday, so I am more paying it forward than having seen it widely advertised :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the voting system is a good idea for prioritising items.

However, I think that any security related issue shouldn’t have to be voted for. Security fixes should go straight to the top of the list automatically.

3 Likes

Hi,

I realized this issue after every update of the app on Android. Can you please make sure the updates are not overwriting user security settings?

Kind regards

Since, historically, Bug Report threads haven’t been closed when the bug is fixed, I think just removing your vote from the post when the bug is fixed is the best idea.

2 Likes

Hopefully now they’ve started the votes they will reassess how the topics are dealt with

2 Likes

No matter how many times I enable this, it disables. It’s rather frustrating!

1 Like

Yeah me too. Enabled it about 5 times today and it just keeps losing the setting. Seems like a pretty serious security bug!

Just to reassure you, money cannot be moved from your account without entering your pin or fingerprint. Also your phone is locked anyway. A lot of people are happy not to lock the app because it’s already safe.

2 Likes

Yeah, happy that it is not the end of the world security wise, but probably should not be a setting left flapping in the wind after releases. A sense/perception of additional security is not unimportant

None of the other toggles go off, but then they are maybe held centrally rather than on the phone

1 Like

This has happened to me too. Around 4 times in the last 5 days. Doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it apart from possibly something to do with the length of time since I last re-enabled it.

1 Like

This is becoming pretty tiresome, I am having to switch this back almost every time I load the app !

Been happening to me for several days on a Pixel 2. Really poor from a security perspective!

Just updated this morning to the latest beta and it disabled it again :angry:

It’s been happening with me for a few weeks. I enable it then a couple of days later when i go to check something it’s disabled. Annoying!