Issue: I found an edge case that seemed to cause the activation of a Monzo debit card in Google Pay to get stuck.
Details to reproduce:
- Add the Monzo card in the Google Pay app
- Reach the step where you are asked to open the Monzo app to verify the card
- Open the Monzo app, but then (accidentally) hit the back button when the approval prompt appears, causing it to be dismissed
- Return to Google Pay and click the ‘Continue’ button again to open the Monzo app
- Observe that the Monzo app does not pop up any approval prompt this time
To escape this, I had to remove the card from Google Pay on my device and start the setup process again.
OS: Android 12
Device: Samsung A13
App Version: 4.27.0