[Android] Fingerprint unlock and authentication disabled after update

I keep getting the same thing. Happened before I was on the Beta after an update too.

I’ve had this happen a lot in the past couple of weeks too. Using beta app.

Happened for 2.34.1 a few days ago for me and again for 2.35 today

Not ideal

3 Likes

This has now happened 4 times since yesterday. Sometimes it’s app unlock and payment that turns off, others it’s just app unlock. It’s starting to annoy me a bit now.

All I want is to be able to trust the security of the app that grants access to my bank. Not asking for much really

3 Likes

This is now happening repeatedly for me too. Fingerprint authorisation for payments remains active, but this is still quite concerning.

Yup just noticed mine keeps disabling itself as well

Happening here too!

Another one here :wave:

+1 from me.

This is very concerning.

Android Pie
App V: 2.34.1

Just updated to 2.35.1 and noted the fingerprint protection was removed for unlocking the app.

App v.2.35.1
Android: 9
Security Patch Level: 5 February 2019
Device: Google Pixel 2 XL

Screenshot_20190215-051348

Mints switched off again today :neutral_face:

Everytime I launch the app it seems that finger print unlock is disabled in the settings, even though I keep re-enabling it.

Happening with me each day now since last update

+1 for same issue happening to me too

Happened yet again to me last night. So I contacted support through chat to report, and got asked to uninstall and reinstall the app. They also logged my session out of the app remotely.
I honestly don’t think this will resolve the issue, but only time will tell

I spoke to COps again today after fingerprint authentication got turned off again. They’ve let me know the Android developers know about it and are hoping to fix it in a future update.

2 Likes

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app for the very first time today after the fourth beta in a row disabled this setting for me

Have doubts it will make any difference, but been recommended often enough to at least experiment

Since updating the other day, this has happened to my partner and I twice over the last couple of days so doesn’t appear to be a one-off.

This morning mine turned off again. B this time it was both app unlock and payment authorisation. Yesterday it was only app unlock. My wife also noticed hers had switched off.

What I did notice was that as the app loaded there was the briefest of flashes of the screen that normally appears asking for the fingerprint. It was extremely quick, but the fingerprint logo is distinctive enough to help me recognise it.

I’ve noticed this happening occasionally for me as well. I’ve had to turn it back on twice in the past 2 weeks