[Android] Fingerprint Authentication UI issue Android

Issue:
When launching the app, the Home tab is briefly shown before the fingerprint authentication appears.
Details to reproduce:
Ensure finger print authentication is setup for login, close the app and then re launch the app. The home tab flashes up on screen briefly before the user is displayed/prompted for their fingerprint.
Android version 9
Device:
Google Pixel 2
App Version:
Screenshots:

2 Likes

I think this has been brought up before. Last I heard it was being investigated but that was a while back.

I’ve experienced this behaviour since they first introduced fingerprint authentication

I’ve experienced this on my Pixel 2 XL as well since the Android 9/Pie update. From my understanding app developers should be using the BiometricPrompt API from Pie onward to show authentication dialogs (per https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2018/06/better-biometrics-in-android-p.html).

Obviously we’ll be a tiny sliver of the user base at the minute so I guess this will be quite low on the list of priorities (and I’m also assuming switching to this would fix the issue)!

Edit: It’s in the support library as well though so it can support < Android P too!

I hate to resurface an old thread, but I’m still getting this (also on a Pixel 2 XL) and keep hearing others mention it too. Anyone got any ideas about if it when we might see a fix?

1 Like

I’ve just purchased the OnePlus 7 and this still seems to be an issue. I guess the best thing we can do is upvote the bug?

1 Like