An update on PIN lock

Once they’re in the app all they can do is see your transactions, they can’t move money

I’m guessing you’re on android? A pin lock is being developed for that. Think it has fingerprint already

2 Likes

OK thanks, and yes, i am on Android (samsung). I heard the fingerprint didn’t work very well. And, as for my phone, I actually had to restore my settings as it just decided to stop recognising my fingerprint, after a few months of solid use.
Anyways, let’s wait for the PIN then.

1 Like

Presumably you have a PIN lock on your phone itself. That’s your security. People would only be able to take your phone and click on the app if you’ve already unlocked the phone for them.

A PIN on the Monzo app would be a privacy feature rather than security. Bearing in mind that an unlocked phone is most likely to have an accessible email account on it.

2 Likes

I have to keep my phone unlocked for personal reasons these days, and of course I have a pin on my emails app (it’s not Google or Microsoft) and so now looking for a pin on Monzo:)

1 Like

Please can any discussion around PIN lock go into one of the existing threads, as it tends to go around in circles and so clog up space :wink:

https://community.monzo.com/t/app-security-and-privacy-fingerprint-pin-or-password/6218

https://community.monzo.com/t/an-update-on-pin-lock/45105

https://community.monzo.com/t/poll-help-us-make-a-decision-on-pin-unlocking/40939

Hey,

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved the posts surrounding pin lock to this thread. Any updates should be found here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’ve heard wrong, I’ve used mine for years and I have zero issues :slight_smile:

Just use the fingerprint lock. It’s much easier than a PIN and arguably more secure. Plus I think you then get an added layer when it comes to payments because you can use this to authorise them too.

Will this be optional? I mean, I honestly don’t care much about another person being able to open the app in case the phone gets stolen or something, as long as the person is not able to do anything like a transfer, which currently requires the code.
It’s a very good thing to have and I may actually use it if you implement it but at the same time it would be nice if it was optional so we can choose.
I find it very nice tapping on the app and instantly getting to see what I want, instead of having an extra step in the way like in Revolut (it can get to be very annoying when you are switching back and fort)

I may have already mentioned this on here, I’m not sure but I find the best security is to hide the app and then simply open it with a screen gesture. #outofsightoutofdanger

What about a knock pin like what lg did can’t remember what’s its called

1 Like

Yeah, that was awesome, my mother had it on her phone and that wee function caused so much ammusment and delight when I tried to show her how to use it… :smiley::grinning::grinning::grinning:

True I remember hearing about it then told my mate about as he had a LG and didn’t know he could set it so he did and did the tap showed it me and I couldn’t do it haha he could tho every time