An easier way to add money to your account [fully launched]

This is actively being worked on right now. It will be up to Amex to integrate with it on launch though, so expect this to take at least a few months

6 Likes

I’m on a call with Amex pay by bank team soon, I might nag them whilst I’m there

2 Likes

Hi @caribo, First Direct have said to try again, making sure you’re on the latest version of their app. Let us know if this fixes the problem!

1 Like

@AndreasH … It’s now worse than it was before :rofl:

When I complete the “set pre-approved limits” screen in Monzo I am passed to the FD app which asks for authentication to confirm the “sweeping payment”. After authenticating by fingerprint in the FD app I am asked a second time for authentication and when I re-onfirm the FD app crashes.

I am using FD v4.19.0 which is the latest version in google play store and was released 27th February, so they have not released a later version as was being suggested…

So it’s not working at all I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is just an Android thing but it’s working on iOS v4.19.0 of their app.

1 Like

May well be Android only. I cleared cache ffrom FD app but the problem persists… It works flawlessly with HSBC though…

1 Like

HSBC had the same problem only on Android, they fixed it a couple months ago but it took a couple weeks for the app to actually get pushed to customers so the same may be happening here. We’ve contacted FD regardless just in case, we’ll keep you posted.

6 Likes

Not really sure if there is anything for Monzo folk to do here but have run into an issue with Halifax and VRPs.

I tried to make a £1 test payment in Monzo, from my Halifax account and went through the ‘Set transfer limits’ screen. I left it on the default £1,000 per transfer and £5,000 per month limits. Once I tried to approve in Halifax, my account was immediately frozen and I was told to contact their fraud team.

I have now just been on the phone with someone there who was convinced I was trying to make a £5,000 payment and did not know what VRPs were.

5 Likes

I once tried to transfer some savings from Halifax to Monzo.

I got caught up with the fraud team. They were incredibly rude and dismissive. They seemed to think that Monzo = fraud. They didn’t take kindly to feedback on their tone or way they were talking to me either.

4 Likes

That’s opposite to me.

Tried sending £500 to my Revolut account, the Halifax guy was pretty good about it and just explained about scams ongoing with Revolut and other banks, and the usual is it your account etc stuff.

As with all customer service. Very variable :rofl:

1 Like

Would be nice to add Face ID to pre approved transfers

Just letting you know that VRPs are now working with FD on android… so smooth!

7 Likes

Hi there - the Savings Plan feature in InvestEngine requires your bank to support VRP. I have this enabled in labs and it works with NatWest but via the InvestEngine app only monthly Direct Debit appears to be available. Has anyone manged to sort this out or does it require further dev work on the Monzo side?

Hey :wave:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for the potential confusion. The labs toggle enables you to setup VRPs at other banks like NatWest. Allowing Monzo to pull money from your other bank account into your Monzo account.

When InvestEngine want to pull money from your Monzo account into their Savings Plan feature they’d use our VRP API to do this.

The good news is we’ve built this, the bad news is we’re still testing with a TPPs. Once we’re happy with it we’ll roll it out for all TPPs to use. This should be fairly soon.

At which point it’s InvestEngine’s decision if they want to integrate with the new API. I hope that clears things up, please do let us know if you have any other questions :+1:

1 Like

Hi. I got another error with Natwest this morning, unfortunately. The flow took me through the biometric ID with Natwest and when I returned to the Monzo app, the approved payment (from the Natwest perspective) had not been acknowledged. The Monzo app was still on the screen specifying the amount to transfer. I wasn’t able to move on from that screen.

In the end, I had to transfer funds a different way.

Hey :wave:

Thanks for letting us know. Sorry to hear about the hassle, if you DM me @AndreasH or @henryrowett your email address that’s linked to your Monzo account we’ll look into what went wrong. You can also reach out via the in app chat, whichever you prefer :+1:

Hi Monzo team,

I just discovered this feature. Is it possible to have the payments be scheduled/repeated to happen automatically say every month when the limit resets ?

I know I can schedule via the other bank, but just for the sake of centralisation.

Thanks!

Hi Stefan,

We’re working on scheduling features in the next couple of months - we’ll let you know when it’s available.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave: just wanted to drop in to give an update on pre-approved transfers as we’ve released it from Labs to all customers!

No major updates (at this stage :eyes:) but we’ve made a few tweaks:

• We’ve ironed out issues that we had with some banks, including getting banks to remove additional security steps such as using card readers to set up pre-approved transfer limits.
  • Banks that you’ve set up pre-approved limits with will now appear at the top of your list of banks, making them easier and quicker to find
  • We’ve improved our images and copy to help customers better understand what pre-approved transfers are

I’m working on a tech blog post which will go into more detail about how pre-approved transfers work with Open Banking. I’ll be back to share the post once it’s live!

What’s next? We’re working on scheduled easy bank transfers which will allow you to set up recurring payments into your account from your other banks. We’ll be back with more updates as soon as they’re ready.

As always, let us know if you have any questions or feedback :partying_face:

15 Likes

@henryrowett my pre approved transactions were not working this morning, presumably due to changes being implemented? :thinking:

They are working now :muscle:, but I cannot find the pre-approved screen linked in the announcement email…

How do I get to this screen in the app?