AMEX + Monzo Bills Pot + IFTTT = Closed Loop! 🙌

Its already been considered though. I could just stop putting money aside if I was struggling one month or if I needed some extra cash which would put me into the same situation as you but the spending control is more value to me than having a few extra weeks of holding onto someone else’s money.

1 Like

Actually once came on to say something positive as this is awesome. But then remembered I’m in your boat. :roll_eyes:

I’ve found a slight bug with this, not sure if this is limited to my device or a general IFTTT thing.

If I haven’t dismissed my last payment notification and pay for something new the second notification doesn’t trigger the spreadsheet add.

I can work around it by making sure I clear my notifications though so no biggie.

I’m running on a Note 10+.

As for the comments above, personally this isn’t about using ‘credit’, this is purely about building reward points whilst still staying in control of my finances. It means I can move the odd £3 I spend in Tesco for a meal deal to my AMEX and still keep my Monzo balance updated so that I always know where I stand.
AMEX just isn’t the card for borrowing so I have no plans to hold a long-term balance there. There are better products on the market for borrowing.

1 Like

Wow, I’m completely amazed by this. If Monzo had something like that natively (and on iOS), this would be such a strong argument to switch to Monzo.
Being able to spend money on a credit card (AMEX/VISA/MC where you earn miles & stuff), and right away move the money from Monzo into a “Credit card” pot… and then at the end of the month, pay the CC bill from that pot… give me that and I’ll sign up right away.

4 Likes

I need this exact feature for my Amex, it’s such a manual process moving the money I spent on my amex directly into my Credit Card pot immediately after. Wish we could do this on iOS

Excellent!!!:heart_eyes: