Amazon/monzo

Hi there.
I recently was looking at my amazon and it has 35 pounds in credit. I was wondering if in anyway I can transfer that money to my monzo or PayPal. I was thinking maybe a certain giftcard exists in which allows you to move money here. Unless you wanna offer money for it be my guest.

You’ll need to ask Amazon about that. Likely it’s “store credit” which will need to be spent on Amazon

What I mean is there a giftcard which u can transfer to monzo. I’m unable to transfer it to my PayPal so

Monzo is a bank. You can’t buy a Natwest gift card.

You can’t usually buy gift cards with credit from Amazon anyway.

You do not have Amazon credit. Amazon credited your Amazon ‘Gift Card Balance’ after, I guess, a refund? The balance is therefore under Amazon’s Gift Card term and conditions. Among other terms listed below, the balance of the:

• Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards, and/or
  • Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value [… or] redeemed for cash.

One of the non-business reasons for this is to hinder money laundering I believe.

[…]
2. Limitations
Gift Cards, including any unused Gift Card balances, expire ten years from the date of issuance. Gift Cards may not be redeemed for the purchase of products at www.amazon.at, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.com, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.in, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.com.mx, or any other website owned and operated by us, our affiliates, or any other person or entity, except as indicated by these terms and conditions. Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards, or as payment for a Prime membership fee. Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, used for unauthorised commercial purposes, including to facilitate the resale or shipment of goods from Amazon.co.uk, redeemed for cash, or used in a manner otherwise prohibited by our Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards Restrictions and Prohibited Activities policy. Unused Gift Card balances in an Amazon.co.uk account may not be transferred to another Amazon.co.uk account.
[…]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200272910

Only option I can think of to get that money out is to buy a sim card with £30 credit and then use mobile billing on sites such as the Google play store for things you may already pay for such as Music etc, you could also use credit on the PlayStation store.

You’ll still have some leftover though.

Or ask a mate who is buying something from Amazon to use it and pay you back.

Edit: if you get a SIM with the same company that you have a contract with, they may be able to transfer the credit from the SIM to pay off your bill, but not all companies do it and it may be hard harder than you think.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.