Allow users to disable gradient in plus & premium

I’m using an iPhone 12 (running iOS 16 Beta).

I was so confused by the online version of ‘blank stares’ I was getting in this thread, that I just got Plus again (thought I’d check out this new Trends thing anyway).

Aaaaand long story short, my Monzo home screen looks exactly like the screenshot @Revels posted.

So I have no explanation for what I saw before. To be fair I rarely open the actual Monzo app as I use Emma for all my budgeting, so perhaps the last time I opened Monzo there was some sort of glitch or something didn’t load properly and that just stuck in my head.

Anyway, very embarrassing. Please feel free to delete this thread and pretend it never happened.

Also, can anyone tell me what colour this dress is? :rofl:

5 Likes

Don’t delete. I’ve enjoyed reading this.

4 Likes

You could say it’s been comedy gold, or blue, or white.

We will never know.

2 Likes

I would like some commission!

3 Likes

Cancelling Plus because of the background colour in the app is a first. This topic needs memorialising not deleting :wink:

5 Likes

Hey it wasn’t just because of the colour! :upside_down_face:

I also happened to be coming up to the 3 month minimum term and I hadn’t yet found a feature that warranted continuing as I use Emma for all my connected account budgeting and offline accounts etc.

But at this point I feel like I owe Monzo another 3 months for slagging off their imaginary background colour…

1 Like

I’m sure it wasn’t the only reason, I was only kidding :slight_smile: But even if it was it’s your choice to make!

1 Like

I wish we had a way to toggle the backgrounds off and on for both Plus and Premium. I have Premium but I prefer the standard grey background that comes with the free account.

1 Like

Should be an option to turn it off. It’s ugly, especially premium!

Honestly never looked at the gradients I normally just look at how much money I don’t have since being paid :sob:

6 Likes

Same, that - before my orange highlighted balance :eyes::joy:

Related but it would be great on light mode to have a light grey/white option instead of the wierd green one you get.

2 Likes

Name your child Severus.

2 Likes

I ended up on the Monzo US site for some reason. And it could be just how it rendered but the dark mode seemed to be…well…dark. In that it was grey not blue.

Is this right? Please let that happen to the Monzo dark mode here.

Wait, it’s the same. It’s the gradient for plus that’s different. Please Monzo, let us remove that as a labs option!

1 Like

Hmmm… It may be my eyes or a display setting I’ve tinkered with, but non-plus/connected account displays in the app look very, very dark. Like actual black. Joint Account/pots, Loan & ‘Things you can do with Monzo’ all seem much much darker now?

BTW I’ve changed this to an idea, so that folk could vote, if they wanted to. Maybe things might change

2 Likes