Airship Blimp Travel

Think I’d just book a return trip just for the experience :ok_hand:

What a way to add a negative though by mentioning the airship disaster from way back🤦

Other routes planned include Liverpool to Belfast, which would take five hours and 20 minutes

It’s normally up and down on that route, less than an hour. I’d love to go on it but that extra time is hard to justify

2 Likes

What’s insurance like on one of these for you? :rofl:

2 Likes

It be a nice change of pace for those not in a rush, take in the sights (ocean and little people)

Ha ha, imagine parking that up on the street

I’d love to leave it floating above work so that I can roll out of bed at 08:59, climb down a rope ladder and be good to go.

No parking, commuting, maximum sleep time, back home in an instant… bliss :relieved:

2 Likes

Just make sure you park it near some decent internet speeds :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A massive ethernet cable from work up into the sky… I don’t think anyone would notice :rofl:

3 Likes

Also makes sure you’re anchored and a gust of wind won’t make you drift away from the office in your sleep

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t come into work today, my mooring broke free, I’m somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean.

3 Likes

I’ve kept a little eye on modern airship development.

Here is the Hybrid Air Vehicles (HAV) Airlander 10 ‘landing’ in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg-RPTiVa_Q ← cannot embed.

1 Like

Just be careful of the CyIndusteries - they used Airships in Alternative London

I was supposed to go up in a Virgin hot air balloon at 6am on Monday. It got cancelled at 11pm on Sunday due to the weather forecast.

Would Blimps be liable to similar late cancellations?

Depends how powerful the engines are, would be fine up to a certain wind speed

1 Like

I think the expectation is that short haul flights are going to be restricted and or banned. So the competition is the ferry…

I think they’re only talking about banning them if there’s a ground option you could take

1 Like

Or a blimp?! :joy:

Been a year since the last posts but a bit of an update, a Spanish airline has ordered 10 airships.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jun/15/eco-airship-contract-to-launch-1800-jobs-in-south-yorkshire?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other