After 6 weeks of use

Awesome, thank you very much for that summary and spot-on questions. It’s really really useful.

A few answers for some of your questions…

Can we use the notifications to refresh the app in the background?

If I remember correctly we actually had that working internally at some point (very early days) but there were some security implications on how apps stay on the background, keychains and such. Not sure about this, probably @james can give you the right answer if you want to dive deeper.

Lots of delayed transactions on the early weeks

Totally. We have it right at the top of our list of known issues since the beginning Known issues / bugs 🐛🐜🐞

Once you use the card enough the problem disappears but for new users it’s a really frustrating first impression. It’ll be fixed soon :slightly_smiling:

I want to allocate where my cash is going

That’s a really tricky problem that we definitely need to explore. On the one hand we want you to not need to categorise your transactions manually (even if that means that it’s not 100% accurate) but on the other hand cash is a reality we need to live with.

I think this is a similar problem to go to Sainsbury’s and buy £10 of food and a £10 DVD. Should that be groceries?, entertainment?… segmentation makes total sense but the price to pay is a far more complex product (movable pieces, more things that can break, etc.) and ask a manual effort from our users. So, yes, a tricky one :dizzy_face:

The icons are changing

Yes, the way we grab icons is still manual and on top of that we have a bug that sometimes replaces a correct logo with a generic human silhouette. Pretty soon we’ll improve the way we collect and store icons and that should improve.

At the same time is one of those problems of long tail, as early adopters you alphas are discovering new places every single day, as long as we grow the odds of getting to a place where all the information is correct because a mondonaut :rocket: was there before will increase.

I want to keep my historical information after the alpha

We’ll do our very best to migrate the transactions for you and give you a really smooth transition from alpha to next stages. In any case, we’ll save the data so even in the worst case scenario we’ll let you download all your stuff.

If I put my money into Mondo, how will it be invested?

Very good question. During the first year a very small proportion of your money will be lent to private individuals in the form of unsecured overdrafts. That’s all the lending we’re doing. The rest sits in cash at the Bank of England. In future, we will do more personal lending and invest some of the money in UK government bonds. What are the important things to you in that regard?

Again, thank you very much for your awesome post. Happy to answer any other question or comment you may have :slight_smile:

5 Likes