Adobe CC COVID-19 discount 2 months free

Just sharing this as it hasn’t been widely publicised. If you have an existing Adobe CC subscription you can get 2 months free just by asking which should help up to £100 if you pay the full amount.

On the https://account.adobe.com/ page I just started a quick chat using the Contact Adobe link.

Ranjeeta (3/26/20 4:20:17 PM GMT): Hello, I’ll be happy to assist you. What can I help you with today?
(3/26/20 4:20:59 PM GMT): I understand in light of COVID-19 Adobe are offering two-months free on your existing subscription?
(3/26/20 4:21:09 PM GMT): Would it be possible to have that added please?
Ranjeeta (3/26/20 4:22:14 PM GMT): Yes, to support our customers during this difficult time, we would be happy to offer 2 free months to the active subscription. You can continue to use your applications during this 2 month period. Would
that work?
(3/26/20 4:22:43 PM GMT): Yes that would be appreciated thanks :slight_smile:
Ranjeeta (3/26/20 4:23:00 PM GMT): Perfect! Please stay connected while I add the free months.
(3/26/20 4:23:06 PM GMT): Thank you
Ranjeeta (3/26/20 4:23:46 PM GMT): Success: Request for adding credit days has been submitted successfully.
Processing could take a few minutes. Your next billing date is 05 Jun 2020
(3/26/20 4:24:13 PM GMT): Excellent, cheers again for your help

4 Likes

Oh nice. I was having a poke about on their site on Monday and it looked like they were only helping out student accounts then.

I believe that you can also do this by going through the cancellation steps online. Before you finally confirm, it shows you ‘my offers’ and that is there too.

2 Likes

I left Adobe 2 years ago when they stopped standalone licences.
It was a headache finding alternatives with steep learning curves but … best move I made as now am not being ripped off!

What alternatives are you using out of interest?

Which applications do you use?

I use the Serif Affinity suite - really nice set of products, albeit limited to the photo editing, designing, and publishing only packages. A great alternative to Photoshop, Illustrator, and any other publishing software. Also doing some sort of offer at the moment I believe…

I’ve never looked back - I’ve missed one feature from Illustrator and that’s it. Heavier users might struggle a bit more to shift but still worth a look if you don’t use the full Adobe suite.

Oh and fixed price for each major version. £50 normal price for each, and they update all the time.

Just did mine now :wink: was going to have a £45 cancellation fee, the offer gave me 2 months free :wink:

1 Like

Not connected to this discount it’s worth haggling the price down anyway. We’ve been paying £30 for many years. When it ends you just say it’s too much and it’s needs to be the same and they say yes to another 12mths at the same discount without hesitation.

Anything above a couple of quid charging you each month and they are raking it in, so they would be insane to lose customers.

If the £50 enables you to earn a few thousand a month then it’s worth it. If it’s just for a hobby then yeah pretty expensive.

I was using Dreamweaver and Photoshop, now using RapidWeaver and Affinity.

Just had a quick look at Rapidweaver looks quite good not really used dreamweaver for years, does it’s allow you to sync with the hosting like dreamweaver did/does?

I am on Mac so have you used Coda2 at all?

Adobe do Brackets which is free too.

If you can ditch the wysiwyg

Or Sublime

https://www.sublimetext.com/

Instead of old school FTP I would def recommend learning to use GIT, and get a free bitbucket account or GitHub etc

Whilst you could use something like Tower, it’s also good just doing in Terminal or iTerm2.

As for design this beats Adobe XD.

https://www.sketch.com/

As for Photoshop great for photos, and illustrator great for logos and illustrations. InDesign great for layout (Quark RIP).

Dreamweaver however should be set on fire and meet Fireworks in hell.

1 Like

Cheers for the info.

Most of the sites I do is with Wordpress and the Divi builder, it’s a little side business, but I really need to learn the basic’s, I know enough to get by but would love to learn fully HTML, CSS & PHP along with terminal server.

I learnt more while in work than I do at home, and now I do not “work” as I am a carer for my son, I have way more time but always find excuses not to do things I should do like learn stuff :joy:

Once you look away from WordPress you see how much of a turd it is and why PHP is given such a bad rep when people try and use as a starting point for anything other than a simple brochure site.

Probably the best PHP framework atm is Laravel

https://laravel.com/

It’s still best to learn actual PHP but you could jump straight in with docs and Laracasts.

If you wanted to learn PHP it’s worth aiming at 7.4 and future 8.

CSS atm it’s Bulma or Tailwind, but again worth learn the pure CSS it’s shorthand for and use flexbox directly etc https://css-tricks.com/

1 Like

Yes it automatically syncs with built in ftp.
You can mark pages as ‘changed’ if you want to force overwrite of server pages.
I’m finding it very easy now with it’s ‘Foundry’ and ‘Stacks’ add ins. It’s as simple as drag and drop and RapidWeaver has a large community for additional stacks, themes and templates to boost your library.
I’ve not used Coda.

1 Like

Not the time to buy Coda 2, as Panic are in beta testing for their next code editor, Nova.

I’m using the beta at the moment - a handful of bugs, but it’s got a lot of promise. Replacing Atom for most things for me, but will keep Atom around until it’s out of beta at least.

Bought Coda year ago a and I think had a free upgrade to Coda 2 not sure though :wink:

Will have a look at Nova once released

If you have a Coda license you should be able to get access to the Nova Beta :slight_smile:

Agree with this, I work with WordPress everyday but it has a lot of issues. If you continue to use WordPress and want to dive more into the code, I really reccomend trying to get started with Timber WP instead: Timber for WordPress | Upstatement

I’d stick to learning Pure CSS rather than either of those. It can be excessive to use a framework for everything, a lot of the time you don’t need it. Tread carefully with Tailwind, it’s a very good framework but it’s also quite overpowering, especially if you don’t know the basics of CSS. It is also built around the idea of solely using something called utility classes which is a bone of contention between a lot of developers, in my view solely using Tailwind is a bad move.

@Juggy69
I’d say a great resource for learning HTML and CSS is Codepen, the picked pens on the front page are usually quite fun things that you can click on and pick apart to see how they work. It’s also a great place to quickly put something together and share with people.

An easy way to get started with Wordpress stuff is downloading a program called Local by Flywheel, it removes the complexity of setting up a WordPress site on your machine making it easier to have a play

I’m a WordPress & Frontend Dev so if you ever have any quick q’s feel free to dm me :slight_smile:

Will have a look cheers :wink: