Actual CA Users

So according to the live counter there are 18,659 people now using the current account, out of these users how many of them are actually consistent day to day users and how many of them are ‘dormant’ i.e. 400k prepaid but 70k were dormant (I think that was the figure I saw somewhere feel free to correct)?

1 Like

I would guess most of them as they had to actively sign up to a preview, have been users for 6 months and some of them (like me!) had to physically go to the offices?

2 Likes

No idea in terms of real numbers, but I haven’t used my prepaid card once since I got the CA & I was in the first 500 people! I would hope that a lot of people who were invited have taken the opportunity to test it properly like we were asked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But before golden tickets people used to have too queue though?

Ah true. I think because of the restrictions and relatively high barrier to entry (fill in a form, come to our offices) you should get most people who signed up using fairly regularly.

I was one of the first ten people to sign up to the CA via post back in the beginning of August. I’ve not used my PP card since, and use my CA daily, unless at a place where card not supported, then I resort to my legacy bank card.

4 Likes

I use the CA for day to day activities.

The only time I use the PP is for transfering to other monzo users and I top that up with my CA debit card.

4 Likes

If it gives you any insight:

I signed up to the CA via email and waited for an invitation, I’m not sure what top percentage of users I’m in (but I’d like to know if anybody knows how I could find out?).

I use my CA to receive my salary, I send money to my other current account minus the following:

• enough to pay credit card bills
  • what I have budgeted for petrol this month
  • my weekly spending money

I send my weekly spending money to my Prepaid card, which is still what I use on a daily basis, I probably use my CA card a couple times a week. The system I have going for the prepaid card will eventually be replaced with pots, hopefully.

I have switched all DDs, SOs and Salary. Using Monzo as my main CA for over a month now. Prepay card has 15p. Would be interesting to see how the take up goes during transition and after a year we would probably know if Monzo are in a position to really shake up things at City and Canary Wharf towers

I have the CA but have used it similar to my PP this month as my salary wasn’t paid in. All DDs are set up (except two, Storage King and car service) so I’m looking forward to using it as I would my legacy bank.

I am not a daily spender though because I don’t have much money and I’m trying to save :moneybag: :heavy_dollar_sign: :pound:

1 Like

I’ve been using the CA since August, first 1000! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

Had my salary switched over for the month of August and moved all of my DD’s over as soon as I could (had trouble with one but sorted that out relatively quickly :slightly_smiling_face:)

I use it like I used Monzo PP, at least once a day for all of my purchases and it’s been essentially flawless for me :smiley: Had my SO’s moving things into savings, etc. Which are handled by ‘normal banks’ as opposed to Monzo but if Pots are as good as they sound, I might even move away from ‘normal banks’ for some of my savings :slight_smile:

I’ve been on the Android side of the CA and I’ve tested it out to the best of my ability - And like I said, it’s been essentially flawless throughout the entire preview (so far)

Can’t wait to see what October brings :eyes: Should be an exiting month for Android :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been using the CA for basically all my day-to-day spending, but haven’t moved anything else over. I’ve basically been using it like the prepaid, with no more than about £50 in it normally, and the rest of my money (and DDs etc) in accounts that earn interest.

1 Like

I’m using my card almost daily (mainly to buy junk, (maybe I should get a gym membership)), I don’t currently get my wages paid in. I’m expecting to have that change though. :slight_smile:

Yay! Another one!

I was CA tester 966 iirc. I’ve used it daily - all my transactions go through it including pretty large ones like SLC. The only thing I use PP for is Monzo Me…and then I generally try to empty that as quickly as possible!

You didn’t happen to be at the event on Tuesday the 15th of August did you? :slight_smile: I recall being ~980 mark :joy:

I froze my PP on the 16th and haven’t really used the app much since then, only have it so I can view old transactions and update the screenshots on my Android Beta thread: Monzo for Android - Beta Channel :smiley:

I was!

My Monzo CA has been pretty quite. When I think about starting to move things over Starling release something new so I leave it all there to try it out :frowning:

Once pots are available I’ll take another look but by the sounds of it that’s not expected very soon.

I Signed up end of July, and used it to hold money in, while I used my Starling account for day to day (their account was getting more useable day to day features).

About half way through August I switched it round, so use Starling now to save money (a lot easier now they have goals), and Monzo for Day to Day (Direct debits, payments, salary, etc). I’ve been in the states for a couple of months now, and have had no problems with acceptance.

I wonder if @Naji or @simonb can get some figures?

I don’t know the exact numbers but at the moment, most people are using both cards in conjunction (to use Monzo-to-Monzo payments mainly) :slight_smile: There are a few people who’ve switched only to current account, but they’re in the minority (and yes, payments are coming very very soon :wink: )

5 Likes