Active bank check not being refunded

I found mine from last month when I was getting ready for Game of Thrones. Took 8 days.

IMG_1335

1 Like

Cool thanks! Will prob see it some time next week then.

Again just want to say, I’m not like “where is that 10p I need it now” kinda thing :joy: just wondering about it :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve just added my Monzo card to Tesco Pay+ and it did an Approval for QuikPay (Which is the old name for Pay+) at £0.00 and it then automatically spent £2.00 for me against Tesco, it shows as a Pending Transaction: Tesco Pay Plus Card Check GBR.

Will I get this refunded??

Unless Tesco actually collects it (which I doubt) then, yes at some point.

Strictly, you still have it. It’s just reserved.

1 Like

@Feathers - Just not sure why they took £2 in the first place, as a Approval Check was done that showed it as £0.00. Plus I added my card to GPay and there approval was for £0.00 so why can’t Tesco do this?? Just Annoying.

I’ve got an Amazon £1 from yesterday which is irritating enough. £2 would just annoy.

Have you tried reversing it yourself through the Help tab?

No, in case Pay+ then just removes my card. Will wait possibly upto 72hrs to see what happens before doing anything.

The reversal is purely an internal Monzo thing, the Pay+ people won’t see it. It removes the reservation (with the caveat that if the company actually claims the money then it will be taken again).

1 Like

Is it not a requirement that they should be charging £0 or is it not enforced?

You would have thought so, considering it’s just a validation of the card really.

Happened to me recently. Keep an eye on your account, mine took about a week.

Edit: just looked it up. It took from 3/1/19 till 11/1/19

1 Like

Tesco Pay always charge £2 to your card and then reverse it when you add a new card to their app

It’s happened to me several times - and in fact the app mentions it during the card sign up process.

2 Likes

Same. They do it all the time. Its incredibly annoying.

2 Likes

Can’t remember as added my card from my Main Bank account (the one where my Salary goes) got added to Pay+ ages ago.

This got refunded to me last night :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.