Activating Replacement Monzo Card

I managed to lose my Monzo card along with my wallet and iPhone, I have frozen my Monzo card so it can no longer be used, but I’m a little worried that I won’t be able to activate my replacement card as I no longer have access to a smartphone. I am on a very limited budget and I won’t be able to purchase a replacement smartphone (even a £30 one). Is there any other way I can activate my replacement card (perhaps using the web interface or email the help team?)

Any information in this matter would be extremely helpful, thanks.

I’m not sure what you can do from the web interface, does it say anything about a replacement card on there?

If you have a friend/family member you can download and login there, then delete the app etc.

Hi Revels,
Thanks for your reply. The web interface is very limited and doesn’t allow cards to be activated. Just the ability to view last 50 transactions, access sort code and account number and to freeze the card.

I think you’d still struggle without the app even if you somehow managed to get your card activated. Which I don’t believe is possible.

I’ve seen smart phones for as little as £10 and you can even find second hand ones online, in phone repair shops and even those little market stalls in town.

I understand money may be tight but I’m sure you can borrow this small amount from someone, spread the payment interest free or even temporarily use your overdraft.

These I believe to be your only options if you want to stick with Monzo. Otherwise you’ll have to move your banking to a highstreet bank.

1 Like

Sorry about your situation, I do have sympathy with it and can see how difficult it would be especially if Monzo is your only/primary bank.

I would suggest getting in touch with Monzo via email at help@monzo.com or phone 0800 802 1281 to see if there is a process you can use to verify yourself and get things activated manually.

Otherwise, you will probably have to borrow a phone from a friend or family member, as others have suggested.

Failing all of that, it looks like your only solution is to buy a new phone or switch to a high street bank (unfortunately).

Let us know how you get on!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.