Ability to pay incrementally on Monzo?

I was wondering if there is an ability to pay incrementally on Monzo. I am a daily user and I use the normal splits etc, the shared tab didn’t work for me for my purpose either. I was wondering if there is a feature that I am not aware of potentially

I’ve got a request to pay £1000 from a friend who is also on Monzo. Is there a way on Monzo to pay it off incrementally where that payable amount decreases over time?

There’s Monzo flex, which I think is just about what you are asking for, but it doesn’t cover bank transfers.

1 Like

why not just tell your friend you need to pay them in instalments and then agree a set rate every month / week

1 Like

I think it’s a good idea, especially when you expect to add new things to the tab,
If you click the pencil icon next to your title you can change it from the general chat category to the feedback and ideas one and then people can vote on it.

You could set up a standing order (under Payments->select/enter the payee and select “Schedule payment (or create a standing order)”): Say you want to repay the £1,000 at £100 per week: just set the payment amount to 100, repeating every week for 10 weeks. Job’s done! (although it’ll be nice if Monzo had the facility to set “Stop payments at £xxx total” or a facility to “Track repayments”).

1 Like

I was thinking more outside of the standing order & direct debit options. It could be a good idea if Monzo would allow payment requests to be incrementally paid. Something like flex but not where it’s in a credit agreement

Moved this to feedback and ideas

2 Likes

This how I use my account as part of a financial plan, simple but effective!