A new look for the Account tab

Interesting to see that the “Connect your Barclaycard” was released in Labs before the Amex one… I was really looking forward to the Amex integration. :frowning:

They need to get it to work first.

Monzo have come out and said why this is.

TLDR; They’re having connection problems with AMEX

EDIT: Finally got discourse to allow me to get the quote on:

1 Like

they being TrueLayer

And it was @Jackcrwhitney that correctly guessed the issue:

3 Likes

Yes but with Monzo - I was TLDRing and then it took me forever to get the quote from the Thread - sorry!

Thanks! Seems like a reasonable explanation… (still a shame though…)

Jack is a smart man - has Emma fixed their issues? Or is it pervasive through TrueLayer completely? Do we know if it is what Monzo are wanting to do that is the issue, or the connection generally? (I realise this isn’t the place to be asking these questions however).

1 Like

Yet you still asked them!?!

Time will tell on this no doubt, patience, patience!

God knows :laughing: I just copied the quotes. I don’t understand any of it :confused:

Emma moved:
https://twitter.com/emma_finance/status/1109455777587257344

Just seen this :arrow_double_down: … Maybe :monzo: are going to jump also
https://twitter.com/jordanfish/status/1110530319898296320

2 Likes

I’m sorry! I had typed it all out so just thought I’d send it anyway.

I sincerely apologise to @Ordog :rofl::rofl:

Same. We need smart Jack back…

2 Likes

That is interesting! - Maybe TrueLayer for the rest of the CCs and then Saltedge for AMEX? Seeing as its in Labs atm. (although have no idea how easy it would be to port).

1 Like

You are genius :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wasn’t me that found it out! - I got told by @Nickh !

Hey all,

This version of the account tab isn’t quite ready for everyone, but is required to test the credit card integration (which is why we’re enabling the account tab along with the Barclay card integration in Labs).

There will still be some bits that are rough around the edges. We’re working on the last big bugs this week - so hope to release the new layout to everyone in a couple of weeks time.

11 Likes

I guessed as much! Makes more sense to work from a “rough” version of what will be rather than having to re-iterate once it drops!

1 Like

@Jami If you’re taking bug reports and suggestions for the iOS one, I’ve enabled the new account tab on iOS and have some thoughts.

One issue is there’s no way to hide the “Learn about loans” bit in the borrowing section (and presumably the whole thing, if I didn’t have an overdraft). I have the “Lending promotions” toggle off in settings, but that’s just for notifications, but it should really affect the app as a whole.

On an iPhone X, it’s not clear that you need to scroll down to get to pots either, as the borrowing section fits too nicely at the bottom (see image):

8 Likes

I’m on iPhone X as well but have no overdraft - so you can see a little Title of “Pots” right at the bottom - but do agree it isn’t obvious that they are below.

2 Likes

Hey Jami, is it just bugs that are being ironed out or is any additional functionality planned?

I’ve got the new account screen on iOS now, and it’s definitely a big improvement over scrolling horizontally between pots as before :blush:

Some areas could still be improved though (I feel):

• It doesn’t look like pots history is there - I think Android have this with the new account screen?

• The top of the page doesn’t seem to have gotten the redesign that was shown originally, any reason for this? (See image below of the design change elements we didn’t get). In its current form I don’t think it’s obvious how to get to account settings/info etc.

• When you are scrolled to the bottom of your pots, it could be nice to be able to click on the account tab icon at the bottom of the screen and for it to scroll back to the top - much as it does with transactions on the home tab.

• The progress bar on pots goals isn’t the most pleasing aesthetically in the new iteration - hopefully this could be improved upon.

• There’s something a bit jarring visually about the balance in each pot on the main screen - not sure if it’s the bold font or maybe the font size is just a little big.

• And finally the big one! Please, please can we have a way of re-ordering pots :grinning:. The simplest way of implementing this on iOS I would think would be to 3D touch (on compatible iPhones) and then drag and reorder pots. Or long press and drag to reorder on iPhones witch done have 3D Touch.

Edit: missed the screenshot I was gonna add

4 Likes