A Current Account Rollout Update

I’ve a prepaid card. I’m not an investor, but someone who pledged but wasn’t chosen.

I’m on iOS, any idea when I might get my current account?

You’ll get yours before @anon72173902 gets his :+1:

4 Likes

But I got mine though :new_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

From the blog post in July:

Register now — as an investor, we will ensure you are invited to get a current account this quarter [July, Aug, Sept] in the first group of people. However, your account will still be subject to the limitations outlined above and you won’t get your limited edition Investor debit card (because they’re not quite ready.)

The highlight in square brackets is mine. It looks like there was investor priority as it mentioned that it would happen within the quarter, which we are now into the next quarter.

So it’s fair to say that the timescales are all shot to bits. I’ll not hold my breath then.

No, that didn’t happen. It’s happening now instead.

They’re actually aiming to have the iOS App updated on Monday to the magic version that invites people to the CA / merge preview.

1 Like

I’ll wait with baited breath. Thanks

I’ve been with Monzo since they was mondo, and I had my current account in September, so I guess it’s a waiting game for some :confused:

1 Like

Was there an announcement to that effect? Or are you guessing based on my situation?

I’ll let you guys know when I get my invite, as it should show when the first batch of iOS investors are getting added (If I haven’t slipped through the gaps)

I got my test pilot current iOS account migration yesterday all very quick and easy

I’ve only just seen about the current account so have a lot to catch up on … but the reason I got the card in the first place was to keep some funds separate from my present current account … so how will this work now? How is it different from any other current account other than the app features?

How will it work - The same as it did before, if thats the way you want to use it , but instead of it being called a prepaid card its called a current account - with added financial protection

hmmm - my Lloyds current account doesnt give me instant notifications of spend, doesnt offer fee free POS FX at MasterCard rates, doesnt give me budgeting oversight Edit (apparently it does just never used it ) :slight_smile:

You can still keep your funds separate if you want to - you are allowed to have as many current accounts as you want :slight_smile: -

• call it a pre paid current account :slight_smile:
1 Like

Lloyds Bank does have a tool you can use for budgeting. It’s called Money Manger or something and makes pie charts of your spending of stuff.

Meanwhile though still no notification to merge accounts for me. On the preview and an investor on Android.

not keen on pie charts - but I take your point about Lloyds having a budgeting tool - just not interested in using it - so haven’t ever used it in my 25 years with them - not that they have had it that long (25 years ) :slight_smile:

So it can still link to another current account and se it card?

1 Like

you can treat it as any other current account paying funds in, out , direct debits , faster payments , one of the things AT THE MOMENT you cant do is top up with a debit card and Monzo.me payments , but top up functionality is coming soon

Ah ok - but that would be the one function I really want to hang on to!

ah well , cant please all the people all the time :slight_smile:

At least it’s coming soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like