£4k pot inaccessible with test UI (Partner still has access)

Laura, Nick is only trying to say that only people on the forum being existing customers would have signed up by the form knowing the bugs and issues for beta version. We were told not to contact customer services unless we wanted to revert back to old design. Yes normal queries through customer services.

4 Likes

If you’d read the initial piece from Bruno (I think), he specifically asked for new beta users to not contact CS - That’s not us telling you not to, it’s Monzo saying “if you want to try out this new UI, don’t contact CS with all the bugs etc”.

Ultimately, signing up to this new UI came with risks of bugs and what not… It was very clearly explained at the start.

As I said before, If I were you, I would ask my partner to withdraw the money from the Pot into the main balance… Problem solved for now.

2 Likes

For reference…

If you’d read the only post that gave you access to the beta, it was very clearly explained about the in app support…

1 Like

My reply wasn’t directed at Nick.

I wasn’t a member of the forum, I don’t follow Monzo news like a lot of you do - I went on my account page last week, saw something new and clicked the section which said about testing out the new UI, and that’s unfortunately all I remember.

Apologies for coming here and looking for help, I know in future to not attempt to ask Monzo experts for advice without expecting “Oh how funny, you aren’t an expert” type responses. Thank you for telling me multiple times that I did something wrong.

4 Likes

What was the link in the accounts section? I haven’t got one of those (nor has my wife), but Monzo often only send out some links to a small group of people.

Did it point you to the forum where you could sign up for the beta (which was on Brunos post), or did it give you access another way?

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else get access unless they signed up through that link, but that’s not to say Monzo haven’t done so.

@bruno - Can you help with the above?

I honestly don’t remember, but either way I wouldn’t necessarily read “There’s no in-app customer support for issues related to the new navigation. In-app chat still works exactly as before, but you’ll only be able to get help on issues related to your account, not the new version of the app.” and think that means money seemingly disappearing from my pots - in my world that isn’t navigation.

Anyway I’ve asked for the money to be removed from the pot and will also be removing myself from the forum - thanks for the people who actually helped without finding it hilarious that someone would need it.

2 Likes

Laura sorry if I offended you it wasn’t my attention. I thought you had signed up for the beta layout on the forums. I didn’t know there was an option on the feed.

1 Like

If your partner has access to the Pot and can withdraw, it sounds like a new UI issue (although I appreciate as a customer, you really shouldn’t need to consider if it’s a UI issue or not).

That being said, with the recent news that 10% of new customers are on the new UI… What are Customer Service doing to help them when they have issues (which have been documented numerous times on here)?

Anyway, glad you’ve got it sorted! :+1:

3 Likes

It does seem like they may be moving people to the new version a little early as it still seems like there are a lot of bugs

I would suggest if the new version is live (for new customers) then customer support should now be contacted for problems with the new version. (Not saying it is a good idea, I think they may be pushing the new version too quickly)

This creates a bit of an “us” and “them” situation - But I agree that new customers to Monzo shouldn’t need to use this forum for any troubleshooting or bug issues.

I’m surprised they’ve rolled the new UI out to genuine, new customers…

They say first impressions are important, and by Monzo’s own admission… The first impression of their bank will be:

2 Likes

Have you got the source that they were realasing to 10% of new customers? I personally haven’t seen it and did have a quick scan for it but couldn’t find it

I think it was from the open office they did.

There was a bit of back and forth here…

That is a little worrying if true then.

Any comments from Monzo in regards to contacting support now for issues with the new design?[quote=“Justin, post:1164, topic:65333”]
I have average sized hands, and this feature would certainly help me with a phone of this size. However, I know plenty of people whose hands are smaller.
[/quote]

Have you ever thought the issue is the phone rather than an app

I sincerely hope that isn’t the case. I am happy to tell anyone who opted into the new look that there is always a risk of bugs as it’s still in development. However, to start A/B testing on a subset of customers who didn’t opt-in when there are some rather fundamental issues (particularly around pots) is going to reflect poorly as the software isn’t of production quality.

3 Likes

Hi there, if you’re having trouble with the new look app, please get in touch and we’ll do what we can to help. (We can still revert you to the old look).

Hope that helps!

Hi Richard,

Appreciate you are being bombarded with questions today… But could you add this to the list…

We (the “beta” testers for the new UI who signed up through the forum), were told not to contact CS with bug issues relating to the new UI - Although we could contact them if we wanted to revert back to the old UI (one time only thing).

But if 10% of new customers are being brought straight into the new UI, what are they supposed to do about all the bugs/issues that are being reported here.

We can probably assume they aren’t part of the forum community (the majority at least), so how are their issues being handled?

3 Likes

We’ll offer as much support as we can to anyone who’s having issues with the new navigation. That might just mean reverting them back to the old look for the most part.

We originally just wanted to avoid COps getting overrun with feedback on the new look, and to keep it in the thread. But of course we’ll always help anyone having trouble accessing their money.

Please follow up in the original thread with any questions!

2 Likes

I’m locking this thread now as I think it’s run its course.

I can add a bit more context to this as well.

There’s 3 reasons why we don’t want COps to receive messages about bugs/feedback on the new navigation.

• There’s ~400 people working in the COps team 24/7, and we’re still making massive changes to the new navigation on an ongoing basis. Just imagine the number of hours we’d have to collectively spend every day to get the that many people updated on all potential issues, bugs, etc.
  • There’s a very small number of people working on the new navigation, and we read all messages posted in the forum! For the purpose of getting feedback and bugs reported to us, this is definitely the best channel.
  • Our customer support team works incredibly hard to provide amazing support to our customers. These are often customers in really difficult situations that need help urgently. Scaling CS at the rate we’re growing is a real challenge. And with current response times we definitely wouldn’t rollout the new nav to customers if training all COps on this was a requirement. So it’s a trade-off.

I really want our community members to have early access to all the things we’re building internally. And I think it’s fair if we set from the start that you’re opting in for unfinished versions of our product that are not yet supported by COps.

Naturally this is not the same case for any customer that we’ve rolled this out to (without opt-tin).

Regardless of you having opted in or not, the COp that picks up your conversation will see that you have the new nav. And will always answer your query. I just want everyone to keep in mind that these queries take much longer to resolve, can be very stressful for the COp that doesn’t know how to answer, and need to involve more people. But we’ll never turn down help to those who ask for it :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@nickh I’m happy to have a look at what happened to your account, and follow up through your initial chat. Just DM me your Monzo email address and I’ll investigate.