4 day bank holiday weekend

As we are comparing bins.

• Green bin - everything that can be recycled. Weekly.
  • Brown bin - Garden waste. Fortnightly.
  • Black bin - Everything else. Weekly.

Bags need a mention too;

• Maroon bin - general waste
  • Green bin - garden waste
  • Blue bin - recycling (glass/metal)
  • White bag - recycling (paper, flattened cardboard)

collections not happening here either.

Ohhh you’re still on bags and presumably those blue boxes?

We got “upgraded” to wheely bins for everthing last year.

Look what this lockdown has done to us. We’re discussing bins :joy:

3 Likes

I know someone who is genuinely doing this with their kids so they can have a ‘holiday’ experience still.

Me, I will probably start a dozen different tasks around the house, not finish any of them, watch too much TV, and run out of normal alcohol by day 2, leading to day 4 standing in front of the drinks cabinet wondering if a dusty, half-empty bottle of blue curacao is still safe to drink.

Bin collections are still being run here, I understand (at least with general waste) councils are urged to keep collections running as normal because stopping them would potentially be a public health issue.

2 Likes

My bank holiday plans - going to check out this new local Gin bar, that’s opened up at the opposite side of my house. It’s got a great selection but the staff are a bit hopeless.

And maybe have a weekend away somewhere, and stay in the spare room or something?

1 Like

Well, well… refuse truck just drove past the house. Good job it has to turn around and come back

:running_man: mad rush to get bins out…:running_man:

The emojis remind me of Trashman on the ZX Spectrum. Anyone else remember playing that? :older_adult:

It is. But if anyone doubts me, we’ll have definitive proof on Monday, won’t we?

I should have landed in Vegas this time yesterday for a 10 night holiday so I’m licking my wounds :cry:

Booked with Thomas Cook originally and that was cancelled, so rebooked with another company only for this to happen.

Get the feeling you’re not meant to go mate?

I do actually, I’ve gave up on it now and accepted that I’m not meant to go anytime soon, just waiting for my refund again now

That’s some serious bad luck!

To think positively, at least you have a little more time to save now. You should use that extra money and treat yourself to a once in a lifetime experience while out there :slight_smile:

Got sunburn :hot_face:

I resemble a lobster

In colour only, I trust :flushed:. (Nothing against lobsters but well, you know…).

1 Like

With luck like yours, I hope you weren’t going there to gamble!

Did anyone else get a letter “from the prime minister” today with more detail about what you should and shouldn’t be doing in the lockdown?

Got mine a couple of days ago.

Got my Borispondence last Saturday

1 Like

:rofl:

Wonder why mine was so much later then :confused:

Nothing here… but then we haven’t had any letters at all even junk for a week now.

I hope the postman is OK.