You’ve invested £20,000,000 in Monzo! 🚀

I have seen plenty of people pointing fingers on this thread :slightly_smiling_face:.

You’re correct in saying there was a notification announcing the next round, however anyone who knows Monzo’s track record should know that they sell QUICKLY and therefore shouldn’t rely on a push notification that didn’t even exist. If they don’t know Monzo’s track record for crowdfunding they they shouldn’t be investing anyway. :+1:

2 Likes

Yep! Just make sure your community account email is the same as your Monzo account email, otherwise you’ll have to chase the mods for it! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi guys!

What a day to be alive! I never sat in front of an app and hoped to get into the crowdfunding as fast as I possibly can. Thank god it worked!

Now on to my question:

I read in some articles, that the won investment will be used for Development, Loans and Marketing. But I heard something about a Business Line as well?

Is this true? How awesome would that be!!!

2 Likes

So you read the prospectus before investing, right? Page 28.

edit:

The proceeds will be primarily used by the Group to support business growth through investment in product research and development, marketing and customer growth initiatives, financing corporate development projects and expanding its operations team geographically. Any remaining surplus funds will contribute to Monzo holding surplus capital relative to its regulatory requirements.

I believe a business line earlier than later relies on a grant offered by RBS, but there’s a blog post somewhere, yes.

edit 2:

3 Likes

Yes, but I don’t think that forces you to be a customer of the company, either.

It was easy and straightforward I found purchasing my shares.

2 Likes

I know it must be very disappointing for people that missed out today. Bad luck and I hope you’re not too upset. It was well advertised in advance and not for Monzo to give you another reminder this morning. It was posted here on the community at 10am, but would have been incredibly bad form to send a notification to the entire user base.

For everyone else, let’s just understand the disappointment of missing out and not deride those who didn’t manage to invest.

31 Likes

Hi!
Congrats for reaching the target so fast and very sad that I missed the opportunity.

3 Likes

+1

Agreed.

Unfortunately, some of those of us who work for a living were in a meeting from 10:00-13:00 :frowning:

Monzo handled payments, and offering payment methods for non-customers would incur cost or trouble. Additionally, payment was taken immediately, so there was no cool down period unlike Crowdcube.

Anything beyond that, I’ve no clue. But considering there are still less investors than people who pledged during last year’s round, more open isn’t necessarily a good thing.

1 Like

Cool thanks! I read the prospectus and had all the things related to the investment in mind… It was the blog you mentioned below, which got me thinking. Cool that I know where I read everything now :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help

1 Like

The real question is… Were Monzo expecting to blast through this crowdfunding round so quickly? :eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I figured it’d take all of today, not a couple of hours :sweat_smile: it’s an impressive feat, there’s clearly a passion spread among all of Monzo’s customers to help out and keep Monzo running along at hot coral speeds :joy: Really amazing to see how rapidly the grafana charts rose and I’m super glad to have been a part of this round :blush:

Only problem now is, I really want an investors card :see_no_evil: but it feels very wasteful to replace my perfectly working plastic :innocent:

Anyway, congrats :tada::tada::tada::tada::hot_coral_heart: very impressive day in the Monzo-verse :blush:

16 Likes

:troll:

I refuse to believe any motivated buyer missed out.

6 Likes

Nice one :joy::ok_hand:

1 Like

you mad lad :joy::ok_hand: But good on ya :smiley:

1 Like

I think a part of Monzo somewhere were expecting the crowdfunding to go quickly (seeing as the last rounds have gone like that :clap:) But to smash through the target in the speed it did is still absolutely crazy - especially seeing as all investors are Monzo customers!

Definitely with you on the Investors Card but my current card works fine so will wait i think! :rocket::rocket:

2 Likes

Exactly what I was trying to say… you’ve just been blunt about it haha! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I think all new Monzo cards should come with a scratch-off corner to reveal the ‘investor’ writing. Then they only need to produce one card :joy:

5 Likes

I think I beat you :wink:

Screenshot_20181205-183658

3 Likes