You’ve invested £20,000,000 in Monzo! 🚀

Ok, but all companies on CC are private. Just wondering what the difference is with Monzo. Is it because you raised above the limit to need a prospectus, and therefore had to have a cut-off date? Was that related to restricting it to customers as well, or was that just a separate decision you made?

Didn’t get any notifications at all

Finally got a piece of Monzo, now maybe to go full Monzo :thinking:

I assume you’re referring to phone notifications? There wasn’t any other than when you opened the app :slight_smile:

No I am not referring to phone notifications, just the app

I’d love to know who tried to buy Monzo so I know to avoid them like the plague :rofl:

(Obviously I’m not expecting to be told as it would be commercially sensitive!)

I’m no expert - but if my intuition is correct; due to the fact that Monzo is a private company - they would not be able to be bought out in terms of overall share ownership.

Correct me if I am incorrect!

This was today?!

11 Likes

I hope you weren’t hoping to invest :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I think, speaking from a brand point of view, you only want people investing if they are both familiar with the brand and care about the brand’s ethos and mission. You don’t want someone to be investing just to ‘broaden their portfolio’ or ‘for the fun of it’

I think this is why the push notifications would have categorically been a bad decision, it would be encouraging users (who are not fully invested in the brand) to invest their money without reading the terms correctly before the crowdfunding window opened to customers (which I’m sure there is a morals issue in there).

I think if you don’t care enough to set an alarm or at least a calendar notification regarding this, then perhaps you are investing for the sake of investing (of course, I’m generalising here) rather than because you care about the brand and WANT to invest for the future.

Investing is something that you want to spend time thinking about (especially if you’re investing relatively large denominations of money/you’re not an experienced investor), by allowing a push notification, you are essentially promoting ‘panic investing’ which is not advised and morally wrong.

Disclaimer: I would like to point out that I WAS generalising here, and not trying to offend anyone, it’s just my personal viewpoint. If you were too busy or forgot about it and DO care a lot about the company then I’m sure there may be opportunities in the future :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah… you might have slightly missed it as they went like :clap:

1 Like

How do I get my shiny investor badge here ? :slight_smile:

Wait.

9 Likes

Think they’re going to do everyone’s badges at once :slight_smile:

Just a guess, but Crowdcube doesn’t initiate the sale in a public state. Everyone can pledge, but there’s a cool down period followed by the actual exchange of payment for shares. It is public during the pitch, but not at POS.

1 Like

So many people complaining that they missed out! :man_facepalming:

This is the largest crowdfunding Monzo ever offered and it had much more publicity and potential reach than any other round, yet people still missed it and are trying to push the blame onto :mondo:

Monzo did a brilliant job in making this round transparent, fair, and most importantly easy to take part in.

To those who didn’t invest, I am sure there will be further opportunities in the future to get your piece of Monzo. Just remember to set an alarm next time and don’t point the finger if you forget! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

21 Likes

In batches apparently, I doubt it will be long until they are distributed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I increased my balance by £2000 yesterday so that I could participate in the crowdfunding. I was expecting to receive an alert on the app this morning but zilch…very disappointing.

1 Like

Don’t make assumptions, nobody is pointing fingers. There was a notification about the it coming last week so it was normal to expect one to come when it happened.

1 Like

Here’s hoping!

1 Like