You’ve invested £20,000,000 in Monzo! 🚀

I’d like to see this come as a series promoting a link up with Seedrs or Crowdcube or more broadly WiseAlpha/Nutmeg/Wealthify etc…

1 Like

I am happy I invested too… Took my break late at work … Logged in at 10. 03

2 Likes

It depends if they do more rounds and if so whether in house. I think if anything has been learnt from this round its that most newspapers think that Monzo is a bank for millennials and they will go on and on about how people don’t know the risks etc. I think in order to mitigate that in future rounds some sort of educational thing should be run but not just on shares but shares and stocks ISAs. But also so Monzo can go “we’ve done all we possibly can do educate our users”. It would be very interesting to know what the number of downloads for the prospectus were and match that to the number of investors…

3 Likes

Yeah I’m not nessasarily saying it’s a bad thing but I get the impression some people have jumped in on the hype without fully understanding it all.

I’m already seeing people slate Monzo for various things to do with this round, so I fear there is more to come. Some of the news articles leading up to this were bad enough.

3 Likes

Totally disagree or was"crystal clear" in those sources.
It says"up to 20m", but there’s no indication of first come first served… As someone who hasn’t done this before that’s the clarity I would have liked.

You live and learn, so I now know this is essentially a race.

If it says “up to £20m”, and it reaches £20m, would you expect it to go higher?

1 Like

Cant see why people feel they missed out I got up late this morning as luckily I’m a company director so it has its perks.

I didn’t rush and had read the prospectus.

It must have been nearly midday and I still got my money in there was plenty left

It looked like plenty, but half an hour later it was gone.

Helllllo, should be here: https://monzo.com/static/docs/crowdfunding-intro-2018.pdf

Hi Beth! I think he wanted the full prospectus (me too!). That looks more like a pitch deck…

Yep :sweat_smile: realised after I posted.

poof and gone

2 Likes

THIS is the one https://monzo.com/static/docs/crowdfunding-prospectus-2018.pdf

(also suggested linking it somewhere)

9 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

I also was not instant on the the early access :see_no_evil:

Screenshot_20181206-002744_Monzo

1 Like

Funny guy, thanks.

Look this is clearly a successful and promising product that I didn’t appreciate the demand it’s had. I focused on the end date, noting it was supposed to be over multiple days and then assumed today, at any time, would be ok. I got it wrong.

It’s great to read this…congratulations Monzo…:heart:…I’m just so very disappointed though to miss the chance to invest as it closed so quickly & I couldn’t register for it yesterday as it wouldn’t let me sign up for it…:cry:…but it’s great news u made it…:blush: :heart:

Thanks Beth - it seems quite clear that some people missed out on the funding round , and some didn’t read the offer section of the prospectus having ticked the box (if there was one :slight_smile: ) regarding reading the prospectus before making an offer to purchase, and the link will be a useful reference to what your commitments and rights are regarding the shares and they should have read it and understood it before pressing the button.

5 Likes

Damn I was to to slow and missed out. Congratulations Monzo and all successful lucky investors.

Need to put £2k back in my savings account and wait for the next time (#gutted)

1 Like

Has anyone noticed that their Golden Tickets have disappeared since yesterday? Or is this linked to the “give friends £10 in December” promo?

Yes and yes I believe.

1 Like