You’ve invested £20,000,000 in Monzo! 🚀

Golden tickets are gone in favour of the Christmas referrals.

1 Like

What they said :point_up:

People are using golden tickets and expecting the referral bonus, so we’re experimenting with removing them.

Do golden tickets even have any functionality anymore? I thought it was a queue skip - but that queue no longer exists?

I seem to remember that it had been mentioned they’d be used for something else now the waiting list had been cleared.

It’s an easy way to invite someone for now, not everyone had the previous cash referral experiment on their account :blush:

1 Like

So now that I’m an investor, when will I be seeing my shiny new investor card :wink:

1 Like

Seems a very sensible thing to do, and also fixes the long-standing issue some people had with the app in that there could be, I think, up to three places you could click to give a golden ticket!

Would I be right in thinking that it has already been considered internally that once the Christmas promotion is over then instead of bringing back golden tickets, the Christmas referral link will be changed to a general referral (effectively the same as a golden ticket)? I’m I’m wrong, please do consider it for a tidier, cleaner app experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was the opposite of instant on the early access!

5 Likes

this is the best one

@HoldenCarver, I’m not :100: on that :see_no_evil: Something the growth team is certainly looking into though :+1:

1 Like

@BethS is the £10 referral link account specific? so will anyone that signs up using the link from my acocunt page be shown in the golden ticket used area in future?

After speaking about getting shares yday ive had a few people interested in signing up on this wonderful new bank ive been piping on about :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree but think you should rebrand referrals to golden tickets, its such a great name, and the golden ticket branding is lovely. Feels much nicer than a referral and could be rebramded for special occasions like xmas.

The UI for referrals is much better though and I domt think you really need the special golden ticket links any more.

1 Like

They are account specific, because they’re based on the previous logic used for the £5 cash referral, where both the referrer and referred gets the payment.

I don’t think you can see in app who you’ve referred on this experiment, though.

1 Like

Anecdotal but on the ios app store, Monzo is now the second highest trending app. I can see a large influx with the recent media interest (especially the Which? results).

3 Likes

It’s third overall in the Finance category, too (behind PayPal and Barclays) :+1:

1 Like

They’re currently #66 in the Free Top Charts on the App Store too.

1 Like

Side bar - the new App Store layout is a hot mess! The Categories option is buried way down the page!

1 Like

I’m confused. Everyone is saying they didn’t get a notification, but I definitely did. Can’t remember what it said, but it came about 9:30.

Perhaps it’s because I read the prospectus and registered interest previously?

Seems unlikely they’d split test something like this, but you never know…

I didn’t get a notification either but at 09:45 I was sat waiting… :rofl::rofl: Didn’t care what was happening around me :joy:

6 Likes

In my head I got a notification too, but the more I think about it the more I doubt myself and may have just completely made it up.

Yeah I am the same