Why does monzo keep asking for tax residency?

Had a few different bank accounts in my life and never get asked this question.

Why is monzo asking?

1 Like

Thereā€™s at least 6 other threads about this if you have a search.

3 Likes

Your other banks may have confirmed this information when you opened the account.

Itā€™s not just Monzo asking later. N26 asked me about mine when they were operating in the UK. I believe Starling also ask about it too.

3 Likes

You could also just type tax info the help section of the app and it tells you all you need to know

3 Likes

I could but I prefer human interaction.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

Youā€™re using the wrong bank then :laughing:

5 Likes

Halifax doesnā€™t have a forum where I can post a question at 9pm and get an answer within minutes. From a human.

Youā€™re a miserable bunch this evening.

3 Likes

It was a joke.

Monzo doesnā€™t have customer service at 9pm :joy:

3 Likes

Please remove your humour before accessing this forum. Thank you.

3 Likes

This evening ?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Sooner just have someone else look up the exact same information šŸ¤¦

1 Like

Yes, butā€¦ no other bank asks me to do this other than at the point of setting up an account and your email implies this will be annual. It also has the look of a scam in the way itā€™s presented. And a jaunty response complete with exclamation marks hardly gives you confidence. Itā€™s all pretty unimpressiveā€¦

Yes they do. Just because they havenā€™t asked you yet doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t do it.

Iā€™m not really sure what you wanted me to say?

Unfortunately what you said was wrong and I provided correct information.

See this post also

1 Like

They might of asked you. You may follow this kind of thing closely and be aware everyone is being asked and every bank is doing so. I donā€™t and havenā€™t heard anything about this from any other bank account I have (3) bar monzo. Hence the question.

Also I have dyslexia and dyspraxia. Although I can I hate reading long text And get lost in it.

Seeing as I was on the train home when I posted I didnā€™t have the read and write software to hand to read the government document posted above.

asking short direct questions to humans is a strategy I developed to cope with my disability.

Sorry if you perceive that as lazy.

2 Likes

A good reminder for us all, to play nice.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.