Why do you stay with Monzo?

I would think the Trust element comes through transparency. Looking at the Plus issues, which Legacy bank would be so open to its customers on a public forum? These guys took a kicking on the forum yet came onto the forum, engaged in dialogue and appeared to work late on a Friday evening to try build that trust again.

4 Likes
  • Pots :honey_pot:
    • (And Savings Pots :money_mouth_face:)
  • Instant notifications :zap:
  • The app; not needing to use a daft password to enter the app whenever I want to open it :raised_hands:
  • Viewing my card number (despite, sadly, having it memorised already :sweat_smile:)
  • Monzo.me for super quickly getting paid back by folks who don’t have / need my acc. number
  • Advanced DD notifications & the lovely ‘this DD is lower than last month’ message :heart_eyes:
  • Paid early :partying_face:
  • And finally, all the lovely merchant data! So nice having pretty names & accurate logos :+1:
9 Likes

So true :pray:t2:

4 Likes

For me:

• The way Monzo helps with money management. Using pots, instead of opening loads of instant access savings accounts. Instant notifications on my purchases. Advance warning of Direct Debits and incoming payments. That sort of thing.

• Previously I would also have said because I trusted them and believed in their vision. Now, it’s more that I trust them as much as other banks and nothing better is currently available. It’s not ideal, but it’s still a positive. Because they’re offering better than any legacy bank.

• Because it’s a convenient service. I avoid branches, and can communicate without actually picking up my phone. I can truly bank from anywhere. I like that.

• The app is still relatively user friendly. It used to be a lot more user friendly, now I feel like it’s a lot less intuitive, but it’s still pretty good overall.

I’ve had to start using other services to get around Monzo’s shortfalls, but there’s still a lot they’re doing right. I just wish it were done without the ‘really obvious marketing speak that treats customers like they’re clueless’. Because there are things that make me stay for now, and I would like that not to change.

Thanks to the budgeting and summary I haven’t been into my overdraft since going Full Monzo, and thats plenty enough for me

2 Likes

Lots of good features mentioned above that I treasure, but do not need restating

So a bit like @Sachaz above, I will say it has changed how I feel about my money. I have been much more on top of it, for better and worse, since I joined and have avoided all but a day or two of overdraft in my year after years of struggle at HSBC

That change in feeling, and this community, is not something I could or would find elsewhere now unless they did something mad like close the forum

2 Likes

I love Monzo because of the Instant notifications also the summary area.
I also plan on using the Pots as I’m still relatively new.
Everything just seems great so far, it’s convenient and simple to use. :smiley:

1 Like

Pretty must the same as everyone else :+1:

Hi Ashton. Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Thank you :smile:

1 Like

I like the cleanness of the app, the notifications, the ability to see forthcoming transactions, pots, savings pots to earn some interest, the transparency in communication and the potential for things getting even better going forward. I’m particularly looking forward to the Bills Pot.

1 Like

Santander charged me a tenner the other day because I forgot to cancel a standing order and didn’t have enough cash in the account to cover it.
I don’t trust them not to rip me off at every opportunity

One thing I never hear anyone mention:

Not sending me 19 letters through the post every 2 days! I recently had to get a credit card with barclays and have had 4 letters since I set it up a week ago. One about opening it with the card in, one 5 days later with the PIN (that I had gotten earlier when setting it up online anyway), one to say ‘we notice you’ve downloaded our app’ (seriously, what the hell is this for?!?!?!) and another marketing letter. Drives me up the wall.

When people say legacy banks are ‘catching up’ for me they are so so far behind still, just on the simple user experience side regardless of features.

5 Likes

TussahSilk
What you said plus the ability to take a photo of a receipt.
And of course the good old “Kerching”

1 Like

What a happy, positive, yet balanced thread ! :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel all warm and that, now. And it didn’t hurt a bit :+1:t3:

3 Likes

For me it’s quite basic.

I TRUST Monzo…

I trust they are creating the best banking app
I trust they helping me save money.
I trust they care
I trust there are exciting announcements coming
I trust the product works for all types of people
I trust Plus is going to improve

4 Likes

I opened a Monzo account (and later a Starling account) because of the commission free spending/withdrawals abroad. I like now the instant notifications; I don’t use the budgeting functionality.

Now I like and trust Monzo, and I’m an investor so of course I want Monzo to be successful, and there is still loads of potential despite the Plus management shambles, and that I find the new user interface unnecessary complex.

1 Like

Too lazy to move everything back to Barclays.

If I’m in a good mood the pots are useful. But more and more I don’t see the benefit now they’ve gone “full bank”.

You’ve said this term on two threads now and I have no idea what you mean, please indulge me.

Still the best app experience personally. I’m bugged by a few recent decisions regarding Plus but for now Monzo is still the best choice.