Who fiddled with the Discourse hamburger menu?

The hamburger menu here is worse to use as of the changes today, and now I can’t find the option to toggle dark and light modes.

Please un-change it!

1 Like

Not made any changes :thinking:

Mind showing me @j06 ?

Nevermind, can see it now :eyes:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity what has changed (or what’s changed back)? I almost never go in there because I find it clunky to use, and really only do so to dismiss notifications.

2 Likes

Why does the hamburger menu appear on the opposite side of the screen from where the button is? Help! :scream:

5 Likes

Glad its not only me who was getting frustrated with it! Also ,previously, the hamburger linked to ‘new’ and ‘unread’ etc - that seems to be gone.

2 Likes

Yes, I pretty much navigate solely by New and Updated in the menu. There are now a lot more clicks, and the number of threads in each doesn’t show.

1 Like

I could be missing something here - something changed then reverted possibly?

Nothing has changed for me. At the top of ‘community.monzo.com’, under the :monzo: logo at the top-left, my headings are shown as:

This example shows there are 3 unread posts in the ‘Unread’ category. If there is anything ‘New’, that is also shown in-between ‘Latest’ and ‘Unread’ with the number of unread ‘New’ posts.

With only a click/tap from the default home page view, I can easily get to Latest, New & Unread posts.

EDIT: That default home page view :point_up: is set in Profile → Preferences → Interface → Default Home Page as ‘Categories’:

Screenshot 2023-07-17 181350

It looks as if you’re viewing on a larger screen. I’m using the Community on my iPhone, and under the M those options are themselves in one drop-down. In the old hamburger menu, on the other side of the menu bar, the options for Unread and New were visible.

1 Like

Well it’s only changed on here!

Fintech Forum is still using the old one.

That screenshot was from a laptop, yes - but the same setup is available on my phone;

They’re talking about the hamburger menu, not that drop down on the main forum overview.

Here’s a screenshot of Monzo’s hamburger out and then Fintech Forum’s which is similar to what the old Monzo one looked like:

Now you have to click topics to get to the page with the drop down (or the Monzo logo [or the back button in your browser]) and then open the drop down and then tap on an option. Istead of just opening the menu and tapping latest posts.

4 Likes

Ah, now I get the issue, thanks.

I (despite being Android and therefore exposed to hamburgers and FABs) don’t navigate the forums - Monzo, Fintech Forum, RSPCA, etc. - in that way. Only occasionally look at the :hamburger: for birthdays, reduction in Coral Crew/Admins, death of associated services, others.
But feeling strangely hungry now for some reason.

[5 Whistles :musical_note: ] - I’m lovin’ it - and a filet-o-fish for my vife.

2 Likes

Thanks @N26throwaway I knew I was doing a bad job at explaining myself!

Fintech Forum doesn’t have an option for light/dark modes but here that option also appeared on the hamburger menu. Now I have no idea where to find it.

Please @AlanDoe can you find a way of changing it back?

1 Like

Tap/click on Profile pic at top-right → Profile (bottom-right icon on RHS of drop-down) → Preferences → Interface → Theme

Probably tons of taps/clicks more than the hamburger route - but that’s where it is.

Here’s the workaround I’m using for now to get those links back:

4 Likes

Thanks @davidwalton. On that page I’ve even seen I can change the default homepage to Unread, so that’s suiting me fine now.

1 Like

So Discourse made some shiny options available but instead of an opt in - it seems to have just implemented them straight away.

Looking to revert :soon:

8 Likes

FTFY.

2 Likes