Hi Josh - apologies for the slight delay coming back to you. In terms of the ‘pains’ caused to ‘me’ by the American banks/cards:
- bank transfers can take up to 3 business days to be completed;
- transactions e.g. purchases made by card can take 3 days to be shown on your balance;
- withdraws from any other bank ATM will cost you 3$;
- debit/credit card purchases online may be rejected without any clear reason;
- bank / card pdf statements can be reviewed on the desktop site only.
- customer support is not great either - taking up to 25 min to talk with an agent;
- chat support is often misleading providing wrong information;
- any missed payment - it will cost you 25$, even if you tried to pay within the payment deadline (last day), because, they may have an East Cost (6pm) deadline even if you are in the West Coast;
- Their iOS app is not easy to navigate and the interface design is quiet bad.
Please note that the points outlined above are based on my short experience with an U.S. bank.
I’m sure, users here in the U.S. must have better experiences with other banks. However, I do believe that the user experience in the UK is 10 times better (I’m not British btw). Finally, for these reasons I’m very keen to have Monzo here in the U.S.