What's the most someone can send to my account?

@BobT if she did a bank transfer to my account would it still only be £100 a day she could send or would she be able to send about £300, this should hopefully be my last question on this :slightly_smiling_face:

She can send £300 by bank transfer. Any amount that doesn’t exceed your load limit is fine.

2 Likes

You may find you hit your limits twice as fast as you could then, so something to keep an eye on.

2 Likes

Details for topping up by bank transfer:

2 Likes

I think bank transfer straight to your Monzo account is going to be easiest. Lately this has been sped up significantly. Bank transfers have been credited to my card within two hours, even on weekends.

2 Likes

That post is over a year old! But it’s still the same procedure, other than what’s in bold. We changed the name on the account :grinning:

Details are:
• Account name: MONZO
• Sort code: 20-59-42
• Account number: 13219585
• Reference: (the 9-digit number on the bottom left of your card – this is important as this is how we tie the top-up to your account)

4 Likes

Well if you guys would kindly keep us updated with such changes… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As I set up Mondo as a payee on my account before the name change, I’ve never bothered to change the name with my bank (because I’m lazy). Payments still seem to get through. Have I just been lucky, and should I change it? Since the current accounts are so close, I thought it wasn’t worth it, but if it makes a difference, I will pull my finger out and sort this.

As a side note, it’s a measure of how much friction I find in online payments currently that I didn’t change the name months ago. Bring on the :monzo: current account!

1 Like

Well after all my effort to find out about this and letting her know, she phones me this morning and tell me she has now opened an account for herself today, and will be getting her card in 2 days, women eh!!! :confused: anyway I guess it’s a good thing i managed to get her to sign up with all my talking it up :slightly_smiling_face: I think I should be entitled to some sort of bonus for actually getting her to listen to me for once lol

3 Likes

I think that’s going to be a much better solution for your trip, anyway. Sharing a card sounds like an unnecessary hassle!

1 Like

I hope everything goes well with her card , like, delivery, verification , magstripe enabling , her bank not blocking top ups etc etc - or I will tell you , you will be for the high jump :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon95680666 my god don’t jinx me, she’s a hard woman to put up with when things don’t go right lol.

2 Likes

So long as you’re on hand to help where needed I’m sure it will be fine :raised_hands:

2 Likes

And if not then there’s a whole forum of people here waiting to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dumb question?

If I were ever to use this, would I include the dashes? Or just the 9 numbers? :slight_smile:

(for the reference)

Cheers! :smiley:

You must include all the info in Simon’s post. You can leave out the dashes in the sort code when completing electronic forms.

Dw, I know to include the rest of the info :’)

Thanks for confirming I can remove the dashes :slight_smile: I thought this would be the case!

Ahh, I just clocked it… I’ve never noticed the dashes in the 9-digit reference number :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha :wink: I think I had to remove them when I added my card to Monzo too, though it’s been so long - I might be remembering incorrectly :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.