What was your very first bank account?

Alliance & Leicester. A young person account haha.

2 Likes

Now there’s two extremes on the Monzo customer demographic :joy:

19 Likes

Lloyds TSB then it went to TSB when they split :grin:

1 Like

NatWest because my Mum worked there

1 Like

I was going to say this :joy:

1 Like

The local building society. I had a passbook for depositing my pocket money or withdrawing it. No card.

2 Likes

I wanna say Halifax. Some (maybe) red and yellow coin house thing to put money into.

Could totally be confused though.

Lloyds as a teen.

This thing. :joy:

3 Likes

5 Likes

These seem familiar.

Wouldn’t be allowed this day in age. People become offended too easily.

3 Likes

Leeds Permanent Building Society as a young teen and then Midland Bank.

You’ve just awoken a memory I forgot I had. Apparently I had a child’s Halifax account too.

2 Likes

I remembered that advert was sung to the tune from The Barber of Seville before I played it!

Same. It was one of those when the bank came into my high school, came with a cheque book and everything! Though they were HSBC then.

Strangely enough it was my first, and now I’m back with them after some years later.

4 Likes

My first one was Hansa bank (current name Swedbank), in Lithuania.

1st British one was Lloyds TSB :smiling_face:

3 Likes

My parents have got a number of those pigs knocking about at home!

2 Likes

I was an Abbey National Action Saver first. Then when I went to Uni I set up a NatWest Student account which was my sole account till a few years ago… Now I’m a bit more promiscuous with h my banking… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Alliance & Leicester for me. It was still my primary account after Santander took over for a few years, but now I’ve been full Monzo for some 6 years or so.

2 Likes

Lloyds was my first current account, age 11, but after a month I realised, at the time the only child account offering contactless/Apple Pay was the Nationwide FlexOne so moved there, and was my main account until Monzo @ 16.

1 Like

RBS came to my school in 1995ish and we all signed up for accounts, they gave you a plastic money box/safe looking thing which is the reason 90% of us signed up.

Then when I was 16 I signed up to Yorkshire Bank, which was my account until I joined Starling/Monzo in 2019.

3 Likes