What’s your financial set up?

My Argentinian tidal goes from Rev. I setup an Indian YT premium account but the recurring payment failed due to SBI regs. Where did you set it up. This is all assuming you’ve used a vpn.

Depending how much savings you have, what do you plan to do in the future with them, your actual circunstances, …

As long as you can manage them and each account have purpose that’s the main concern.

1 Like
  • HSBC - personal account

• Santander - Joint bills account

• Monzo - not really used much and might close

• Chase - tried it when it came out and used for emergency fund but might shift.

3 Likes

Starling Joint - Both our wages go in here and it pays for everything joint.

Mozno - We give ourselves some spending money each and mine goes into Monzo, so it’s my personal account I guess, also handy having Flex.

First Direct - Opened for the bribe, currently got a credit card with them that I use sometimes then pay off in full.

Kroo - Empty and not been bothered to close.

3 Likes

Love my little rainbow apps.
• Clear score for my credit score
• Monzo for my main account & FLEX card
• Starling as a backup account for cheques etc
• YBS as my long term savings

2 Likes

I could’ve sworn that a thread of this nature did the rounds not that long ago. But since I’m not @Revels I can’t find it.

Anyway, HSBC all in

2 Likes

Monzo everything. I’m on Monzo as I don’t like banking and finance. Monzo makes my financial UX as smooth and invisible as I could ever hope for which is perfect. Ideally I’d be able to pay someone to take care of all of it and I’d just get a monthly allowance from my earnings and then in a few years I could buy a trip to the Bahamas :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Not wanting to steal @Revels job but is it this one? :grin:

I think there are quite a few others though as you mentioned.

4 Likes

Starling Joint = wages + Direct debits
Monzo Joint = joint spending money
Monzo personal = personal spending money.

Simple.

1 Like

HSBS = Main
Santander = Joint bills account
Chase = cash account
Monzo = still exists because I’m an investor but not really use and just has a few hundred in it.

1 Like

Santander for money in and DDs.

Monzo for occasional (especially foreign) cash withdrawals. I also pay my mobile bill through Monzo because I can’t be bothered to change it.

Nationwide for most of the savings.

Starling for cheque deposits (though Santander could take this over if I can be bothered to find it in the app).

1 Like

RBS - Salary and Personal DDs
Revolut Personal + Joint - joint spend & joint DDs respectively
Plutus - personal spend

Savings with Tandem, YBS and Nationwide (I have a current account here as well but I don’t really use it like one)

1 Like

That’s one, but not the one I remember. Because I’ve shared my banking stack before but it’s not in that thread.

The one I, and I suspect @JIMMWX was thinking of is this one:

My day to day setup largely remains the same with big difference being that Starling is no more and Chase has absorbed Monzo’s prior roles in the setup.

1 Like

Monzo - Salaries, Direct Debits and card expenses
Barclaycard - Backup card expenses in case monzo ever fails
Trading 212 - Savings/Investments (ISA)

I’ve only moved from Barclays to Monzo about 3 or 4 months ago and it’s been revolutionary for me in managing my finances. I love it. Just needs custom categories on joint accounts and I’d be set.

1 Like

Nationwide for getting paid into
first direct for direct debits and bills
Spending is spread thinly across a range of credit cards
Chase for savings and some credit card direct debits
Some current accounts with £100 in them for cash withdrawals if necessary (very rare)

1 Like

Ahhh yes I remember that one now too. Shoutout to @AlanDoe for a merge :mega:

2 Likes