What is happening with Customer Service!?

Seems Monzo customer service has fallen to pieces completely. They’ve brought out the Plus features but don’t seem equipped in support to be able to handle the increase in questions and service requests.

Disappointing really as up until now I’ve never had a bad experience with Monzo.

Looks like their NPS will fall from the sky like a meteor hitting earth.

4 Likes

Just to add context to my previous post, I’ve had a case opened 3 days ago where it takes them 1 day per reply and I haven’t had a single piece of useful information in any of my interactions. In 3 days I’ve been passed between 6 people.

3 Likes

but its ok guys, they’re moving into America :smiley:

12 Likes

It was mentioned in a previous thread that there’s two things effectively going on. They have the actual queue which is long dealt with by the normal staff and they’re effectively unable to cope. And they have temporary day staff who’s job is to take tickets as they come in, this is why some people are seeing their tickets handled quickly, while others are going days without resolution.

2 Likes

Really? Since when? I’ve not seen temp staff recruited for about a year

2 Likes

It was mentioned in a previous thread.

4 Likes

Thanks, missed that bit of the reply

Ffs! Just spent a minute looking for that, copied the message, came back to post it and be really helpful, and here you are, beating me to it :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

I could pretend I have temporary amnesia if that helps?

1 Like

I’ve found that a non-urgent enquiry will be handled by 3-4 COps over a day or two, with 2-4 hours before initial contact. so better than 2-4 working days by email, but worse than being able to pop into branch.

Eh?

1 Like

They’ve now sunk to a new low. I’ve been in a support chat with them for almost a week now, getting nowhere from their replies every 24 hours and as my query was related to Monzo Plus and the travel insurance, they’ve ended up cancelling off everything without my clear instructions to do so and now I can’t get it back.

Seems they have some deep rooted issues going on as nobody on support has the authority to actually do anything. They just send canned responses of “we’re really sorry but there’s nothing we can do” despite it being their own error.

I’m no longer going to be the one shouting about Monzo from the rooftops, customer service was the thing setting them apart and customer care. Seems they don’t have either anymore.

5 Likes

Essentially it seems that Monzo have struggled to hire/scale their cops team/systems to meet the rapidly growing level of customers which is a shame as back in the PP days, customer service was one of Monzo’s best features.

3 Likes

It was the only real differentiating feature monzo had, good customer service, and it was why I got an account. That disappeared quickly. It’s extremely unfortunate.

3 Likes

Generally agree with the above.

On the fact that COps can’t get your Plus back, I believe (based on what I’ve read here), that Monzo can’t actually manually apply Plus to your account.

Now… I find this incredibly hard to believe, so perhaps a Monzo staffer can confirm or deny if they see this?

2 Likes

It does honestly sound like no backend interface has been built to support the front end which I just can’t get my head around :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Hope you get it sorted ASAP. A company is only judged on its customer service these days and nothing else.
Maybe it’s just me but do people just contact cs just to test what’s it like? And then moan when it not up to “their” expectations?
Personally I’ve never had any problems with Monzo service.

1 Like

What I feel more about this situation is that @BethS should not be having to firefight whilst she isn’t on duty(Even if she is!)(Hands down amazing :+1: but that shows bigger issues)
If anything I think its an organisational issue and they need to nail it down fast. The December photo of them all( The entire company doing COps was clearly just a bandaid). There are other much more ingrained institutional issues that need be resolved before they get more out of hand then they already are

11 Likes

Here’s hoping I get the job when I go for an interview in two weeks… I’d love to be able to help with fixing Monzo’s current customer service issues. :3

2 Likes

All this really showed the world was how much of a disaster their support is. If your entire company has to work to get support queries down to one day you have a hugely serious issue.

And they seemed to have not learned from it.

The thing that I do wonder about is how they’re going to pay for it all. They apparently only just started making money off of accounts before they had to hire huge amounts of support staff. It still looks like they need to hire even more (or just pretend it isn’t a problem).

Are they still making money on accounts anymore.

4 Likes