We've raised £60m in new funding! 🎉

Completely agree, although the new Starling app UI that’s in beta is much better than the old one (still not as good as Monzo’s).

I also find the Revolut app more difficult to navigate than the Monzo app, but not as difficult as Starling’s app.

1 Like

Unlike you, it doesn’t worry me to lose my shares in Monzo. I don’t look through my shareholder glasses, I look through my customer glasses, and I see a bank that I don’t wish to bank with anymore. What I’m trying to say is I wouldn’t promote Monzo because I’m a shareholder and I’m not worried about my investment like some other people are. Rather I comment on things as they are without looking through my shareholders goggles. If you can’t afford to lose some money and you haven’t really got any money in the first place. Personally if I lost my £500 initial investment in Monzo I wouldn’t give a damn, what I’m upset about is I’ve just spent 20 minutes on the phone to Monzo, and got cut off after each 10 minute section. I can’t find the chat feature and I’m not a happy bunny. And I don’t care about my shares I will tell it how it is.

9 Likes

No, you are not my thought police. I have a right to be negative about a bank that is performing poorly. I will be positive when there’s something to be positive about. I am not a Monzo junkie. Funny that because I can get through to Barclays straight away?!, Funny that because I can get through to Starling? Funny that because I can get through to American Express instantaneously?

5 Likes

I’m all for a bit of banter but that seems inappropriate. There was no specifics or timescales given so it hardly seems out of the ordinary that someone would need to contact each of their banks for something once.

3 Likes

Did you forget that you said the below :see_no_evil:

and…

For someone that doesn’t care about losing their shares you do mention them a lot - both wishing and praying that you can sell them before they become worthless :thinking:

5 Likes

btw What’s going on with this notification on this “topic”/thread? Others seeing it? New Discourse feature to help avoid threads being flagged to closure?

I’ve not even posted on this thread until now

1 Like

1984 :eyes:

If they want to improve discussion then make it so you can only flag once every 15 minutes instead.

1 Like

so does this mean I cannot post until 15 minutes after the last person?

edit… No, it looks we can only post once every 15 minutes

So we can still argue and fall out, but we just drag it on for longer now :+1: :laughing:

8 Likes

That’s just plain stupid 🤦

I don’t think it’s a terrible idea. Hopefully it’ll stop the usual suspects trolling.

1 Like

Is that to be standard practice or only for threads which look like getting testy?

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts December 2020

The “banner” only appears to be showing on this thread right now, so probably the latter

A post was merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts December 2020

Discord does this, goes into slow mode to chill everyone out

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Apologies for taking that off topic, and noting that the wait is up to an hour now

Perhaps someone from CC (@Coral-Crew) can move all the posts from and including mine at 17:31 out to a new topic specifically about the rate limiting of posts? Thanks