Welcome to Monzo Bank!

Unfortunately that’s not the way it’ll work. Eventually the prepaid card will be phased out.

1 Like

Debit card linked directly to my current account funds carried abroad for spending :thinking:

I’ll need to keep an alternative prepaid credit card for travelling.

Congratulations! Can’t wait until the current account roll out!! :heart:

Would be great to see long term Monzo card holders and 2x investors getting priority…

1 Like

Congrats!!! :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

thats some big news.

Happy days to be had!!!

Fantastic news - well done! Can’t wait!

No but your current account will have all of the benefits of the prepaid card. The only advantage I can see for travelling is having a card with access to a smaller amount? I’m sure Monzo will solve this problem soon, whether it’s with multiple cards or virtual pots to keep your money in or some similar solution.

2 Likes

Fantastic news, well done. Can wait to move to a new current account.:grinning:

@Naji just so Monzo can have some attempt at managing expectations of the roll out of current accounts to Monzonauts, is there any rough - non binding- idea of timescales :wink:

• 1st month 1000 users of current accounts
  • 2nd month 5,000 users
  • 3rd month 20,000 users ???

I could see a lot of frustration building amongst customers if not given some idea of timescales for your 150,000 ++++ customers even before getting more customers on board now you’re a fully fledged all singing all dancing current account authorised Bank and I appreciate it would just be a guess given the testing hiccups that can occur

1 Like

There’s no more idea of timescales than in the blog post :slight_smile: That’s mainly because we’re not sure yet and need to take things slowly! As soon as we have some, I promise we’ll share them transparently

10 Likes

@iansilversides This is completely down to how our first couple of weeks with <50 cards goes!

I agree, but at this stage it would be equally unfair to give rough timescales when we haven’t any concrete indications of how this first month with a handful of accounts is going to look. Once we do have some visibility on this we’ll do our best to share some expected timescales with you.

7 Likes

Snips BoS and RBS cards. Hello Monzo current account(s)! Cannot wait to fully switch! Congrats to Tom and the Monzo team!

1 Like

Only just seen this news this morning (Music Week Awards plus beer happened).

CONGRATULATIONS! This is marvellous.

1 Like

Couldn’t be happier for you, guys (and us!)!:clap::clap::clap:
:medal: Amazing work, amazing team, amazing product :gift:
Happy to be one of the “guinea pigs” for this! :wave: :hamster:

1 Like

If you’re not able to elaborate yet on timescales are you at least able to fill in more details on prioritisation of what order people will get current account access? We have some rough idea in that investors will get them before ordinary users but are you able to set out more information?

I assume the first couple of weeks will see you rolling out cards to Monzo staff but who will get them next?

It could be worth issuing everyone an individual rollout number (or at least a batch number) so that people can follow progress and get a feel for how far they are down the queue.

It was mentioned that investors will get priority access, not sure what order investors will get their cards. I would assume first time then second time investors but who really knows?. :grin:

1 Like

i remember seeing a rough guide in terms of format for distribution of the debit cards

Why don’t we just let Monzo get on with it and update us when they can. They are known for transparency. Give them a break!

Let them celebrate this momentous news and worry about the details a little later.

17 Likes

Exactly!

Calm down people, your time will come.

4 Likes

I liked that when my Barclaycard got scammed for $400 about a month after I
visited the US, the credit card company had to deal with it and I only had
one phone call to declare it wasn’t me. I think a current account would
have sent me around in circles to departments and I would have been $400
down immediately and lost a day of my life sorting it. I’ll keep a separate
travel-specific card.