We’re crowdfunding up to £20,000,000 and we’d love you to be part of it!

Also you’d have to pay Capital Gains Tax on any profits on Monzo shares. ISAs are tax-free.

1 Like

Yes people who invested prior and have the investor icon in their app. If you don’t see this and you invested you need to contact Monzo.

Minimum is £10 and all investors regardless of amount get all the benefits.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. I assume you have a period of time to abide by i.e 6/12 months…

Good to know. I currently have an ISA setup

Given the share price and the lack of partial shares, I assume the minimum is actually £15.42? If you offer £10, you would only get one share, which, at £7.71, would be below the minimum?

2 Likes

Not too sure you understand the concept of buying shares in Monzo - it will be a difficult share in the near term to cash in , maybe looking at 3 - 4 years - or longer for them to become a liquid asset that you can trade freely .

Fixed term ISAs are for a defined fixed term that you agree to at the start of the contract

2 Likes

Be interesting to see what messages come up in the Monzo app for first-time investors. In order to use the Crowdcube site itself, you have to certify that you do get this stuff - and this will be a bigger raise than any of those!

2 Likes

Somewhere in the monster document it says minimum purchase is one share.

2 Likes

It’s a share. I.e part of the company. I think you’re getting mixed up with corporate bonds.

Ok got it.

Yes I’m sure this will have been explained beforehand but wanted to check the difference… It sounds like you have to be clear about the funds you have available to not mind missing
for a while…

1 Like

I believe to keep things simple and easier to understand they’re rounding to whole numbers when in actual fact, when it comes to investing, it will be a slightly different amount. For example, someone asked this:

and someone from Monzo answered this:

Then someone asked this:

and were told by someone at Monzo this:

Which again I think is simplified to mean 1 share at £7.71

This is backed up by the code found in this topic:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah - so it’s not a tenner? It’s an interesting thought actually. In previous rounds (and with others on Crowdcube), I have always invested a round number and received a round number of shares, so either I’m owed a share or some change (unless CC always round up).

1 Like

Seedrs usually round it down or up - your choice. I assume this is how it will happen here.

I’ve always found it weird that Crowdcube don’t round it up or down when you commit.

1 Like

The code in the app reveals that you pick the amount of shares you want first then it tells you how much you need to pay.

So based on this the amount you pay is calculated by the number of shares you want. It therefore appears that you can’t enter your own custom figure - so no round numbers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes thanks my questions have been answered.

Ah fair enough!

259 it is then!

Screenshot_20181126-211534_Chrome

@neovo - Should have taken the bet!

Hi Simon!

As an existing investor from previous Crowdcube rounds but from Slovakia I have not chance to invest in this actual round? I have not Monzo app, because I can not have. I am a resident from Slovakia, living in Slovakia - but early Crowdcube investor.

Thanks.

1 Like

Damn! You were so sure…

1 Like

I believe @simonb has already answered this :pensive:

Someone asked:

and the answer was: