We’re crowdfunding up to £20,000,000 and we’d love you to be part of it!

Not a silly question - I was wondering the same!

5 Likes

I’m in innit

1 Like

For those in the Testflight iOS builds, can we invest as normal or is it better to be safe and uninstall it and reinstall the version from the AppStore?

1 Like

lolz, welcome to my world :joy_cat:

1 Like

Will we require a crowdfund account to be able to go through the investment process in the monzo app or can this be setup at the time?

N.B I’ll be making an account prior but just would be nice to clarify I suppose, dont want to give myself the chance to miss out

2 Likes

Damn Christmas and this to pay for in December! There is no way I am missing out on this round! If it was not for Christmas I would be putting the max in. Some extended family and friends might fall off the Christmas list this year…:see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Im going to be in this year hopefully :smiley:

1 Like

Will you be releasing the prospectus before the round?

IIRC a lot of people missed out on the first round while they were reading the pitch!

Edit: see below for link. Thanks Kieran.

I can’t wait! I hope I get in this time :sob::heartbeat:

1 Like

Don’t read! Reading is for suckers! Just buy buy buy!!

Its already released. Monzo - Crowdfunding

7 Likes

Dang!! Tom is worth over £70,000,000 of your finest British pounds!!

1 Like

I missed out last time. I was annoyed but I got over it because there was plenty of “oh don’t worry, those folks who wanted to invest this time but didn’t get the chance will get priority next time” comments chucked about. Now it looks like this isn’t happening, it’s only prior investors who get priority.

Feels like a bit of a f*ck you to those of us in that situation, tbh.

4 Likes

@tristan, can investors from the 2 previous rounds with a Crowdcube account, yet not UK based, participate in this round?

No need to have a Crowdcube account :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Offer will only be open to Eligible Monzo Customers, which means individuals who, as at the date of this document:

( a ) have been approved as customers by Monzo having completed the new customer application process via the Monzo App, including, for the avoidance of doubt, Monzo customers who have not yet activated their debit card;

( b ) are 18 years old or older; and

( c ) are resident in the United Kingdom.

Date in question is 26th November 2018

1 Like

I find it very unlikely they’ll hit £20 million (that would require at least 10k investors at £2k each), and certainly not straight away or just from prior investors. Most likely you’ll have plenty of time (not 90 seconds!) to invest this time as this round has a very high cap, much higher than previous rounds. Is the largest UK crowdfunding round £8 million for crowdcube?

More annoying potentially is investors who live outside the UK and cannot currently be customers, it’d be nice if Monzo could work something out for them.

I have to agree with this. i appreciate that Monzo wants to reward those who have already invested with them, but it seems really unfair to those of us who haven’t had the opportunity yet. Especially when we are out persuading friends and family to switch to Monzo and feel just as invested (in a non-monetary sense).

2 Likes

As @tristan said, with about 7000 previous investors, even if you presume they all invested at £1000 (and they won’t, lots of folks invest closer to just the minimum of £10, or around £100) that’d still be only £7m of the £20m target.

Anyone who wishes to invest, provided they do it earlier rather than later, should be able to invest as much as they are able to, up to the £2000 limit. It’s quite unlikely that anyone will be left behind, unless they simply miss the announcement and miss the whole thing.

9 Likes

Looking forward to it! :rocket: