We’re crowdfunding up to £20,000,000 and we’d love you to be part of it!

the price per share in this next crowdfund round is 771p / share I believe

Hey Ordog, i do have an account:) this was a question for one of my friends as she wanted to invest too but was not a customer at the time. Although she is now. Hopefully in the next round for her!

4 Likes

No of course i don’t mind. If it helps others then that’s cool.

2 Likes

I’ve not seen it mentioned yet (and by that I mean CTRL+F didn’t find it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), will there be a running total of the amount invested? :slight_smile: Traditionally I’d imagine a thermometer style bar slowly being filled up as Monzo reaches their £20 million goal… :thinking: But Monzo are no traditional bank :eyes:

I’d love to see Monzo display an empty / transparent Hot Chip and slowly fill them with Hot Coral :joy:

Anybody else? :eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

We will await your detective work if we get any app updates early this week, Detective Hot Coral!

4 Likes

I might as well make it official :joy:

18 Likes

Haha love it!

1 Like

For anyone who takes part in the next crowdfunding round how long will their funds be tied up in the investment?

Your guess is as good as anyone’s.

A number of years until Monzo IPO is probably the best answer you’re going to get.

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve also relocated your post to the main thread. Just so it’s easier for others to find the same answer.

4 Likes

My guess is somewhere between 5 years and forever.

6 Likes

It’s a crowdfunding, so there is no answer. The quickest possible exit is a sell through crowdcube. Whether this is ever even possible and whether you can find a buyer is at total guess / it may never happen.

2 Likes

Hi. To clarify, your money will be gone, sucked into a void and you may never see it again.

There will be no website to check your share price, there will be no means of getting your money back, the only visibility you even own shares will be a pdf of a share certificate.

The only time you will ever get to see a glimpse of a share price will be if they raise again.

If you can accept this then invest what you choose. If this terrifies you (or simply does not appeal) then I suggest not investing.

Some took that risk 2.5 years ago when Mondo was just an idea and now they are 15 times better off - for now. We may see another 15 times growth - or not.

Good luck in your decision.

4 Likes

With a £1 billion valuation, who is interested in investing the whole £2000 limit?

Am I interested? Yes.
Can I afford if? Yes.
Can I afford that sort of risk on that sum? No.

Result: :frowning:

3 Likes

Does this mean you’re not investing?

If I decide I have a disposable sum of money I might invest it. It won’t be anything like £2000.

I have two days to make up my mind…

2 Likes

Tough isn’t it? I think they are a little overpriced at the moment.

I’ll be buying an amount that means I have a peace of my bank, not as an investment nestegg to one day make me millions.

2 Likes

Agreed this is a tough call - in the past the max was £1000, though a lot of money it felt more manageable- but £2000 might be too much for me.

Don’t get me wrong if I had the cash to spare I would buy as I see the company continuing to grow - and I will probably kick myself when the share price is £21 in 2 years! Got to be sensible though.

Me. I’ve invested in every Monzo crowdfunding round so far. My only regret is only putting in half the allowed amount in the first round.

:slight_smile:

Wow “we’ve raised £12,567,094 so far” and I thought I was quick - wasn’t prepared for the quiz though.