We’re crowdfunding up to £20,000,000 and we’d love you to be part of it!

Speaking of the investor cards, something I’ve seen asked which I haven’t think has been answered-

To get the investor cards, will we need to get a new card or can or current card be reissued with the same number/CVV/expiry? I’m fully expecting the first which is ok with me… :+1:

I believe i’s driven from the account flag that drives the badge meaning that the next time you get a card it will be of the correct type. So, by default, you’d get an investor card when your current card expires.

no i doubt it could. Because Monzo is such a big company now. That will probably need another 2 to 3 raises before it decides to go public or sale would meant that it will probably require another 150 to 300 million probably even more depending on the regulatory requirements in the US. Raising such large amounts from the crowd would be almost impossible.

i think 10 to 20 bn is fair exit assumption

2 Likes

Hey there, can someone from Monzo reply to my question regarding going concern? Thanks guys!

not from Monzo but -

A Going Concern in prepared, and professionally signed off financial statements that are also legal statements is -

as to future funding rounds - undoubtably they will happen

My stickers will hopefully arrive in the next few days. Still want a mug. I thought of buying a t-shirt/hoodie but they are a bit pricey tbh (most of my clothes are Primark jobs).

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why we’re lending

Thanks Ian. That’s my problem… none of the Monzo staff are replying to my financial questions. As potential investors I think it’s reasonable for us to ask any type of questions, including financial. Like on Crowdcube, there is a ‘Discussion’ thread and I don’t see this happening here for some reason. Bit disappointed tbh.

1 Like

That’s not really the way this forum works.

Staff are around to moderate and will occasionally jump in on things but there’s not a staff presence here for answering any questions someone might ask.

I’d have thought that anything that could be interpreted as financial advice would be completely inappropriate too.

4 Likes

Exactly my point, so where and who do ask these questions then? It’s not clear. Is there a thread that I’ve missed?
Sorry, am not talking about financial advice…

1 Like

I’ve found any questions I had where covered in the blogs and the prospectus.

1 Like

No idea. I don’t think there is a way of asking such things. If the information was something they wanted to share, I imagine it would be in the prospectus.

Thanks @Feathers! I read the prospectus and this is where the questions started to appear. I sent one of the questions directly to one of the staff but unfortunately didn’t get the answer I was looking for :slight_smile: like you said, these are just the guys who are looking after the forum. Ah well. Maybe I am just being picky… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a contact on the prospectus? Or maybe drop an email to help@monzo.com?

1 Like

Thanks @stephenjames. No contact in the prospectus. I will drop them a quick email.

Or work out all your questions and start a separate thread?

then you can tear down your own code :wink:

3 Likes

@Zvezda makes an important point

With investment opportunities hosted on Crowdcube (and Seedrs for that matter) you can ask questions and there’s a reasonable expectation that they will be answered by a company representative. That seems to have been lost with the way Monzo are doing this round.

3 Likes

@o99 it just doesn’t make any sense. Of course we will have questions (well, some of us…) and I am surprised Monzo haven’t even allocated a separate team for this. I think it’s a big oversight on their part.

@Dunsford starting a new thread is a good idea, only there is no one to reply to our questions… serious questions, not the ones about investor cards and different logos.