We’re crowdfunding up to £20,000,000 and we’d love you to be part of it!

Ohhh pre-IPO? I didn’t realise! Yeah I doubt £100bn pre-IPO too. I’m thinking wayyy into the future (7-10 years).

4 Likes

Yep! As soon as you’re flagged as an investor you’ll unlock the gold icon:

16 Likes

Only on iOS :sob:

Doesn’t detract from how lovely the icons are though :heart_eyes::joy:

6 Likes

£100bn? Distinct lack of positivity in this thread. To overtake JP Morgan we need to get to $390bn at which point your tenner will be worth about three grand and any of the early investors will be retiring/buying islands…

5 Likes

Please can you tell me how exactly do we unlock these? I will be investing on the 5th

By investing on the 5th… (for the investor one, anyway. The others should be ones you either already have or aren’t entitled to.)

Bring back the icon with the white background!

7 Likes

Capture
Hi there, so what happens after the 12 months? Are you guys planning on running another funding round? As I do not see you becoming profitable next year. Thanks!

I vaguely remember this was due to limitations in the Android APIs, rather than lack of care. Maybe one day it will be possible?

2 Likes

Correct, sadly! Hopefully one day Google will publish official APIs for dynamic app icons :crossed_fingers:

In the meantime I’ve actually contacted an Android developer who’s successfully rolled out dynamic app icons :eyes: so who knows, maybe I’ll be able to pass something along to monzo :grin:

4 Likes

To me it doesn’t say a limit to qualify for the protection. So essentially I am guessing I can just buy £30 of shares and qualify.

You realise that just because they have “Bank” doesn’t mean that they are the same type of thing, right? Investment banks are very different beasts to retail banks :wink:. You may want to update your comparison.

1 Like

Fully aware thanks. It was meant jokily. As a tech company perhaps Google (market cap 750 bn) is a better comparison… :wink:

4 Likes

One of the five largest companies in the world. Ambitious!

@tristan Hi I am an original (round 1) investor but have nto been able to open account as i am not resident in the UK - I am keen to particpiate in this round but can not install the badge on my profile with in the App as i dont have an account.

How am i able to participate in the round

You aren’t able to invest this time around; sorry. To be eligible to invest in this round you need a Monzo bank account and to get one of those you must be a UK resident.

1 Like

Will we get a Monzo card saying Investor by any chance?

Yup.

Excellent!

Well to be completely accurate: ‘A specially designed investor card, and a badge on the community forum.’

Likely to be the ones that currently exist.