Virgin Money (Monzo plus)

Hello,

I wonder…why Virgin Money (debit and credit card) is not in the list to add accounts from other providers :frowning:.

Is there a plan in the future to add them?

Thank you! :+1:

4 Likes

Feels like this is the only big provider left.

I’m sure that Monzo would like to include them and I’d be surprised if it’s not in staff testing. Perhaps there’s an issue with the connection? Or maybe the demand is actually quite low?

I’m hoping that this will come in 2023. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Possibly this because many other apps support them without any issues.

1 Like

I wonder if a flash poll will give us an idea in this forum if demand is low :thinking:

1 Like

Last time we polled it was the third most popular connection:

2 Likes

There’s been lots of mention, lots of polls, Monzo know.

3 Likes

I really hope this is on its way. As I have a Virgin Money credit card it means I can’t make the most of the Monzo budgeting tools as one of my key accounts is missing when I look across all my accounts

5 Likes

Exactly the same with me.

1 Like

Same here. I have a Virgin Money card and using the Trends feature but it is unreliable without all my accounts / cards linked.

1 Like

Hey @Monzo, any comment or feedback on when Virgin Money credit cards would be available to link in the Monzo app. This is a major card and I am really struggling to make sense in the Trends feature without my credit card spendings.

Would be great to have this added!

2 Likes

Could really do with Monzo supporting this, at the end of the day it’s an open banking api bank and I’ve been able to connect it in with Emma which I was previously using before consolidating on Monzo premium, so seems weird that Monzo is years behind others which where doing this connection for free.

2 Likes

Hey Monzo any update on this?

1 Like

Funny you should ask

Eugh - got excited when i saw that! Signed up for Plus so i could test it, and it turns out to be only for current accounts! I have Monzo for that - what I need is the VM credit card connection. Quickly cancelled Plus - guess it’ll be another long wait. Interestingly VM credit cards don’t work properly with Emma or Snoop. Perhaps Monzo cant get it working properly either. My impression is that Virgin (as a whole) don’t have the first clue about IT, although the airline has come on a lot in the last couple of years…maybe VM will catch up eventually.

3 Likes

My VM CC account works perfectly well with Money Dashboard.

1 Like

Interesting - can’t remember if I’ve tried that. Would be better to have it all in Monzo though.

Any news on Virgin Credit Cards being added?

3 Likes

Just want to add the fact that on ClearScore at least, not too long ago, they introduced two more bank account suppliers in their bank linking page; one for Virgin Money (bank acc) and one for Virgin Credit Card, so they itemised them differently.
Now I checked the app again and it seems that Virgin has completely disappeared from the link bank account page.

I don’t understand why there isn’t a standard framework here of “public” api that’s regulated by govt and should be plug’n’playable by legit banks. :woman_shrugging:

Think it’s more an internal bank setup issue not an api issue. But im not very clued up on how it all works.