User Interface: Blinking Type Cursor

Howdy Monzo,

I’ve been on the Monzo train for 2+ years now and only today did I realise that you can easily input a custom amount when adding/withdrawing to a Pot (etc.) by clicking on the number.

Screenshot_20190329-223259

Only after you click on the figure does the blinking type cursor appear, so for years I’d assumed you could only use the ‘+’ or ‘-’ buttons to change the amount.

I now realise this was pretty dense of me :thinking: but there’s arguably nothing intuitive to suggest you can / should click on the figure.

Again, probably me being slow but from a UI perspective why not just have the blinking cursor appear as a default?

Thanks!

The other location is budgets

Screenshot_20190329-231345~2

Loads of people do seem to miss that you can click on the amount then type an exact amount.

This is the best idea I’ve seen so far to solve the issue, although I’m not sure if it would work well with budgets.

1 Like

Could perhaps make it more apparent that it is a text box so you presume you can click it? Or maybe have very small text below it that says “tap to edit” or something maybe :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I think “Add a custom amount to a pot” (or similar) task in the upcoming “Your Monzo” section could be a potential solution:

1 Like